Handing over certs

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Do we know have to hand-over our jobs as BS:EN :12811

as opposed to BS. 5973 : 1993 :wondering:

allan the worst writers an spellers should do the paperwork, then if anything goes wrong no one can conclusively prove in a court of law what the feck it meant :D

numbnuts bs is now EN 12811 :cool:

phil,
you dont need to handover a scaffold by law (but it's nice to get a date off the w@nkers when it was handed over and in good condition) , but if your doing the inspection you need to state what it is built to. from january it will be EN 12811,
So throw out your old books if that is the reason your asking, i think:amazed:

Sake, something else I've forgot about.:(

Unfortunately there isn't one of us that can spell EN12811.:)

BS 5973, from 1st jan 2011, BS EN 12811. The changeover in Ireland came 1st jan 2009. Standard is IS EN 12811. Same regulations, why was the delay in the changeover.

I think it was the change in European wind codes.

I think it was the change in European wind codes.
The standards were based on data from Building Research Establishment (UK) www.bre.co,uk,--- BRE Digest 284, Wind loads on canopy roofs. BRE Digest 346 Parts 1-8, assessment of wind loads, BRE Digest 436 Parts 1-3,Wind loads on buildings. Dont confess to understand them, but would not the same data be used in the UK.BS EN 12811 is the same as IS EN 12811, both European standards.

I'm afraid brandy I am talking about something I don't really understand and maybe someone else could offer a full explanation but from my limited understanding the Europeans were forging ahead with their own legislation and if the Brits did not join they would be in danger of being marginalised. I think the day's of doing it our way for our benefit are over and what we will be left with is rules and regs by committee and not for our benefit.

Perhaps your right AOM, We're all dictated to by faceless unaccountable, unelected characters on some committee or other in Europe these days.

Top Bottom