handing over certificates

scaffofsmeg

Reaction score
ok just some info on handing over certificate can anyone define what they are who should wright them out what they represent and so on
is there any risks i should be aware of when writing one out??????

ok just some info on handing over certificate can anyone define what they are who should wright them out what they represent and so on
is there any risks i should be aware of when writing one out??????

It's really just a formal document to let the client know the job is complete and up to standard but it's also the noose they will certainly use to hang you if it's not. The good thing about the newer certs is it's very hard to build a non compliant job as you have to certify it as compliant which leaves you wide open should the worst happen.

There is very little risk to writing one out as long as you are certified e.g carded and the jobs are mint.

Are you on your own or working for someone?

Good advise alister but dont 4get once ur handed over then you are not liable as tits for the scaffold @handover - after that its the MC / user.. under WAH05 has the responsability to have the scaffold checked by a competant person every 7 days or after adverse weather...if in ur rams u put this liability onto them then happy days...ur prob like us in so much as sometimes once we puta job up & may not return for several weeks

That is exactly how we work SP but one or two events over the past few years has made me realise the scaffs can get dragged into all sorts we should never really be involved in.

Top Bottom