Haki staircase toeboards

kaydee

Reaction score
Has anybody been asked on thier sites for toeboards to the Haki System Staircase If so what are the regs for these if there is any or is it something else that we have to buy???

Haven't got my copy of TG20 to hand, but I believe the 08 version states it is down to risk assessment - whether it is likely that objects can fall off landing platforms. However, IIRC the original 05 version stated they were compulsory and so it's becoming more and more prevalent that main contractors are specifying them.

ok if you go to haki at Tamworth for the course they show toeboards on the staircase but legally it is not a working platform and is soley for access and egress only so on that 1 you can get away with it. but they do look better..

i would of said the same thing as steve but i would not of thought it would be legal as materials would not be carried more fork lift host ect ect

just looked at the stuff from haki that ive got and it doesnt state a toeboard, so always go to the manufacturers guide in my case.. on the drawings im looking at a toeboard would get in the way of the tie-ing sequence.

I agree with Steve that TG 20:08 states that toeboards may be dispensed with on stairways, however it also states that toeboards must be fitted to all platforms where there is a risk of materials falling.

Therefore the dilemma you're left with is, say the brickie is on his way up the Haki with his bucket of tools and stops at a landing for a rest, then accidentally knocks his bucket off, you could be at fault for not providing toeboards.

A risk assessment will always show that toeboards will be needed unless no person carrying any tools or materials at all is liable to use the staircase.

I always put toe boards on all landing platforms even the intermediate ones, also put them on the staircases. Never been told I have to, it just looks a better finish.

just finished a job in Nottingham we where erecting Haki staircases up to 50M high and the manafacturer stated toeboards on each landing, they were quick and easy to put on and they made the job look neater. As far as erecting the ties we put the toeboards in first then erected the ties around them.

toe boards are required , for the simple fact if someone stops halfway up put s his tool bag down , there is a possibility of a fall of matrials.

i need to put them on for carillion sites but i rarely get them sent out . so i got to use tube and fitting ,beam clamps fives and boards. it takes longer to put the toe boards on than it does to erect the tower . the real haki ones are tiny and look crap

I keep getting asked to strip and erect haki staircases.I am adv tube and fitting and done a nvq level 3 in system(never covered haki) I am right in thinking I have to of done a haki staircase course.

I keep getting asked to strip and erect haki staircases.I am adv tube and fitting and done a nvq level 3 in system(never covered haki) I am right in thinking I have to of done a haki staircase course.

there is a seperate course for haki, i've erected quite a few haki stair towers over years, but i've got to learn all of the system courses, haki, layher, cuplok & kwikstage all under the watchful eye of an instructor:suspicious:

onwards & upwards:D

most firms expect you to use haki without a ticket , i know i do every day .but i would imagine the sh*t would hit the fan if one fell over and you hadnt been on the course . just another money maker of course

Same as m8.but am working on a balfour beatty site.Getting told by a site agent(none scaffolder) were ok but i think if balfour beatty looked into it think the would red card me.

Top Bottom