haki card

cobra 1

Reaction score
i have been scaffolding since 1983, and i would say i could put up a haki staircase with out to much trouble, went to a site today to do a scaffold inspection, where the site agent had just done a couple of courses on scaffolding, ask to see my scaffolding card, so i showed my advance inspectors card, he wanted to see my advance scaffold card, showed him and was informed i couldn't put up any haki as it wasn't on the back of my card, what a load of ********.... its like saying to car mechanic you cant change the wheel on my bicycle ... total ********

I did a Haki Staircase on my Advanced Course, in 2008.
Is it not correct that an Advanced Card covers you for a Haki Staircase???

I mean it SHOULD do, but legally???

I think your Site Agent is talking shiite mate, tbh.
But dont quote me on it, lol.

so did i,it should be - although its not on the back of the card- it is on the certificate so just waive that under the priicks nose

As the saying goes a little bit of knowledge in the wrong hands can be dangerous, what a backward world we live.

If you have a advance inspection card you can inspect system , all sites using system scaffolds should have a users guide, that covers you.
but you cannot erect system scaffold on a tube & fitting card ! you need to do system course on that system to get it put on your card.

Last edited:
Is he???
So you do need an extra ticket to put up a Haki Staircase?

Just another money spinner for the leeches that are taking over scaffolding.Who decides you need a card for every type of system scaffolding.I have put up system staircases on major contracts with out any one asking for the relevant card.I'm an advanced scaffolder with over 40 years experience.OK some system are more complicated than others but basically they are all the same, it's not rocket science!Does my head in,20 years ago I could erect alloy towers,kwikstage,Palmers allround,SGB,GKN systems,hoists,cradles.Now I would need more cards than I could carry and we are still semiskilled!!BOLLO--S

Iv Done Both Kwikstage And Cuplok Add Ons, And I Have To Tell You I Learned Diddly Squat On Any Of Them, But You Have To Have Them Or You Just Will Not Work.Agencys Now Demand At Least One Of Them And Not Just Agencys Try Getting On A Barratts Site Without Them.

Top Bottom