H&S Alert..

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

:idea::idea:

We thought we would bring to your attention the Worker ID Tag system. This is a tag that carrys your emergency contact details with you incase of any medical problems ect.. This also carrys the next of kin details area with in it.. Just attach it to your safety hat.

This is 1 product that we feel should be brought in as ppe as much the harness.. At £2.99 this could really save your life....

heres the text from scafftag:

unique Worker Emergency ID is easily fitted to the exterior of each workers hard hat and securely stores their critical and potentially lifesaving ID information, essential in the event of a serious accident or medical emergency.

* 100% waterproof: Can be used in extreme conditions
* Helmet safe: Will not weaken or damage the workers hard hat in any way
* Lightweight: weighs less than 5 grams
* Secure: security flap protects the workers information
* Reflective: Features 3M Scotchlite™ reflective material

GET YOURS ORDERED NOW , YOUR FAMILY DEPENDS ON YOU.

Worker Emergency ID Tag - Accessories - Electrical Equipment

Good idea it could save a life, but why aren't they issued as PPE?

ssuk helmet sounds like a rip off of their idea to me:nuts:

This shouldnt reflect just scaffolders but everybody who wears a hard hat.. im having 1 that is a cert im on the site now...

sounds an absolute heap of useless rubbish . so no doubt we ll all need one soon . how about one that fits to the scaff step and sprays joint supplements at your knees. how the fook would this save a life . next of kin is on induction form . your mates know of medical problems . and if your medical problems are that serious you shouldnt be on site

sounds an absolute heap of useless rubbish . so no doubt we ll all need one soon . how about one that fits to the scaff step and sprays joint supplements at your knees. how the fook would this save a life . next of kin is on induction form . your mates know of medical problems . and if your medical problems are that serious you shouldnt be on site

Ever tried phoning the office?

ok Allan I will let it be known now that we do not benefit from any products that we highlight to yourselves .

If you want it as ppe then bring it to your employers attention as in reality they prob do not even know about it.

If this saves a life then the posting of it has been worthwhile.

F**ked that up didn't I. What I meant was they would need to phone the office for your info.

Anyway

do you mates know your blood group?

do your mates know if you have an allergy to any medication?

Perhaps they should come free with every box of scafftags, tags aint exactly cheap are they?

well being a first aider myself id sooner pull a tag from his / her helmet than stick my hand in the trousers.. After the Andy Grey saga they'd av ya on some sex charge for trying to help...

I dont think i'll be rushing out to get one. Letting people know of any allages or illness is pretty standard.

Good in theory, however, as i mentioned once before with a simiarlar if not the original idea.

1) What if somebody else has picked up your hat ?
2) When or if (God forbid) there is a accident, the first thing that goes for a burton is your Hard hat.
3) The worst case scenario, Multiple casualties = Multiple hard hats.

Sorry guys i agree with Allan666 on this one.

If anything, go down the MOD route, 'Dog tags' with all info and could even include CISRS and any other info.

just a thought.

just has a vision of Barbra Woodhouse taking a part 1 then paddy.. standard down , level tube, Sit,,, Walkies......PMSL.....

Top Bottom