H and b

I don't know ..... Mick messer used to work for them .....
When we straightened their tube they were a big firm seemed to be well run ...,
I thought they had gone bust but wondered if there was a bit more to it than that

That the same Mick Messer that worked for Anglewest always singing Opera ?

Came from Hove

Yes that's him ..., scaffold down now but it was known as " the monument " ....
Other than singing he used to do the Norman wisdom impersonations ...
Legend for having a swastica on his hard had something to do with the German messers
Also legend for getting wedged in a doorway with big peter emery as the both rushed into see an agent as they both wanted to be the " foreman " on the job ha ha

New him very well when he was on for Anglewest in the 80s , would always get you shift and a half for a Saturday and double shift for a Sunday.

Correct ..... Mick did that for me when I worked for angle west at brighton dome .... When he took over from Tim brown

H&B are still about i believe.
My mate Neil does a bit for them now and then.

Yes that's him ..., scaffold down now but it was known as " the monument " ....
Other than singing he used to do the Norman wisdom impersonations ...
Legend for having a swastica on his hard had something to do with the German messers
Also legend for getting wedged in a doorway with big peter emery as the both rushed into see an agent as they both wanted to be the " foreman " on the job ha ha

I remember the swastika lol
Big Pete Emery also known as Boss Hogg.
Mick Messer was told on a power station job by Billy White "Dont draw attention to yerself Mick and you will get loads of flyers etc".
Mick promptly walked into the turbine hall, withdrew his spanner and using it like a microphone gave his best Elvis Presley impression.
After that everyone always asked for him so no flyers for Mick. A Real Scaff!!

No I only worked for them on one job

There was a supervisor I can't remember and Simon bond who I believe is now a director
I found them to be a very good firm for me
@ Jason Gibbs
I had heard they went but there is a h and h ....

I remember the swastika lol
Big Pete Emery also known as Boss Hogg.
Mick Messer was told on a power station job by Billy White "Dont draw attention to yerself Mick and you will get loads of flyers etc".
Mick promptly walked into the turbine hall, withdrew his spanner and using it like a microphone gave his best Elvis Presley impression.
After that everyone always asked for him so no flyers for Mick. A Real Scaff!!

Great stuff
Yes a proper scaff .....
I was with boss hog when he erected a cantilever but he did it like a fan .... I thought that was strange
When he got out on the needles his great big weight made them go level
Lovely job

Do you remember when paul Norris cuffed him when he tried to stop him going early at Hastings and knocked his hard hat off :))

Simon Bond , the best dressed man in scaffolding :laugh::laugh:

He is indeed a director for Anglewest
i remember him when he first came to Anglewest , then stole the supervisors job a gentleman called Dennis from Reading.

Made quite a few enemy's getting to where he is now , but each to his own

He Hated all the old hands on there that where there before he came along , think that we where all to clued up for him , and when we took Dennis job ( RIP) a lot turned against him
When i was on there they must have had anything upwards of 75 men full time and maybe
half of them had been there long before he came along , so he set about getting rid of blokes he seen as a threat to him , my self included

Still here from Paul norris now and again he is in Auckland NZ.
Boss Hogg had some heart problems last saw him a few months before Billy White passed away.
How about Peter Hayler? I last saw John about 10 years ago. Is Sturmey Archer still alive?

Seen paul on Facebook ..... Looks really well
Peter haylor was working nights in london as a construction firm manager

John is still with the ORIGINAL bouffant

Sturmy I don't know

He Hated all the old hands on there that where there before he came along , think that we where all to clued up for him , and when we took Dennis job ( RIP) a lot turned against him
When i was on there they must have had anything upwards of 75 men full time and maybe
half of them had been there long before he came along , so he set about getting rid of blokes he seen as a threat to him , my self included

I couldn't comment on that side of things but I do know I earnt great money with them

I expect you have done ok since ?

Top Bottom