Good times are back!!!!!

TRUSS OUT

Reaction score
Even though I'm out of the country, I've had 3 phone calls this week for long term work in London, all 3 offered £20 plus per hour, it's been a long long time since they were offering that kind of money, my mate tells me there are a hell of a lot of cranes around the capital.

If they offer digs on top o that then its a good wedge. If your paying your own....well you be outa pocket before man u can say 3points.

ive only just jumped over from paye to cis and to be honest i think the rates smash the paye rates there poor and unless you bang the hours in which you have to work to get there sh!t the rates are defenatly creeping up thou your holidays arnte payed for it beats paying high tax and national insurance that's near the 80 pound a week mark most weeks and paye tax is going through the roof like your say den £20 a hour londons ok but digs are the problem but 3 in car or a car share means you only drive 1 or 2 times a week even the bricklayers on our job are on 140 a day so think things will settle down soon on 17 18 a hour then may be £20 will kick in every where soon as they cant get scaffolders

There does seem to be lots of work about. My mate is on a site and its slowed right down as the brickies have jumped ship and they cant get more. Scaffs are doing the same. Its only going to push rates up.

There does seem to be lots of work about. My mate is on a site and its slowed right down as the brickies have jumped ship and they cant get more. Scaffs are doing the same. Its only going to push rates up.

sight iam on toni is like a ghost town theres a shortage of bricklayers they cant get them for love or money and scaffolders are comeing and going like buses I think if the rates settle to 18 20 a hour men will stay instead of thinking the grass is greener me being one of them:laugh:

I have been getting phones calls every week asking if I want work.. looking very bright.

CIS £20 an hour, pay your own digs & claim it back at the end of the year! That's the way forward

Top Bottom