Good Supervisors, Roy Keane Syndrome

Flannel

Reaction score
Have you found that a good supervisor has always been or needs to be a good scaffolder first?

Or the Roy Keane version, great player but cant let go and be good at the next level?

I certainly think that he should be of advanced level and have at least ten years experience at different disciplines within our trade,for starters;)

Although Now Bigfish You Can Go And Do The Supervisors Course (Cisrs) And Not Even Be A Scaffolder, Shocking.

Im with you on this bigfish, i've been scaffolding for 17yrs and done everything apart from rigs and petrochem sites. I only did my smsts supervisors card last yr. Now i've always seen myself as a quality scaffolder rather than quantity, always done descent jobs, but i have found since having my super card you need to grow a thicker skin cos you get a lot of crap from both ends..i.e. higher management and the lads you take care of on site..

Spot on BF and ger and den yep completely understand I myself couldn't do it especially with all the politics and fun and frolics u have to put up with are you still on the tools or charge hand?

Im with you on this bigfish, i've been scaffolding for 17yrs and done everything apart from rigs and petrochem sites. I only did my smsts supervisors card last yr. Now i've always seen myself as a quality scaffolder rather than quantity, always done descent jobs, but i have found since having my super card you need to grow a thicker skin cos you get a lot of crap from both ends..i.e. higher management and the lads you take care of on site..

To go in the office Scaffy you either have to be very thick skinned or a
fuck1ng good fighter, especially in your earlier years :D:D

The illusion is that you just sit in the office/cabin playing with your pen!!people don't see the other side,ie,responsible for production,deadlines,targets,paperwork ect,ect,yes you really do get it from both sides,as ger says,anyone can do the supers course,but how the feck do you get men to listen or motivate themselves without giving any profit in the job away if you have not done it yourself as an advance scaff??:wondering:

Unfortunatly bobby my young cockney friend, im on the tools which is a right pain in the rectum. Cos you'll be doing a job then you get called away to look at something else, which means you have to get other lads to finish what your doing, and they then dont finish it the way you would want it to be done, so you give them a fuucking for not doing it right. Then your still trying to organise other things around site, kit moving and sorting other mens work out, then you get the office ringing up asking why this isnt done.....Sometimes i feel like smashing the phone up and hanging my belt up and saying fuuck the lot of you.. thr joys of being a SUPERVISOR..:sick:

The illusion is that you just sit in the office/cabin playing with your pen!!people don't see the other side,ie,responsible for production,deadlines,targets,paperwork ect,ect,yes you really do get it from both sides,as ger says,anyone can do the supers course,but how the feck do you get men to listen or motivate themselves without giving any profit in the job away if you have not done it yourself as an advance scaff??:wondering:

That may well have been true many years ago BF. Luckily the invention of the internet consigned playing with pens to the history books.;)

When the lads finish at knocking off time all they thing about is a few pints a good feed, a quick shag and sleep. The owner, manager supervisor spends half the night worrying about the next day, has he got enough men, will Joe Bloggs pay his bill and when is the VAT due, when he finally gets to bed he spends the night tossing and turning and in the morning all his troubles start again , and you wonder why he always seems in a bad mood ::eek::eek:

Apple on his desk as u walk in ,ask how his night was, laugh at his jokes, make him a nice cup of tea before you shoffer him around all day, walk round on site like ur the terminator and talking to the blokes like there ****! (Then a sneaky tex to the foreman apologising) back to the office and just before u go home wish him a good night and thank him for joining you for the day......

Fook that for game of toy soldiers!!!!!!:laugh::nuts::laugh:;)

Top Bottom