Good ole days

bolo

Reaction score
Doing my tax returns earliear and came across some old pay dockets?Worst thing is it was 2006 and i was earning 15 pound an hour and than i came across one i had last week and i took home 296 for 40 hrs work.So just wondered if any of you happen to have had that much bad luck with your rates ?:sad:

you must be working for MAC Scaffolding mate just did a stint with them ,F----G SHOCKING
Something called fall back rate with these ,8 hours at s--t rate ,fall back at s--t rate so if you were on price work with them you earned about £30 more than the day work gang .
i run my back end off for them for 9 months .never say never but i bl--dy hope not .

its the old tale of regressive scaffolding aint it,always taking knocks and never quite recovering..........dont get me wrong av had some extremely good years.

Doing my tax returns earliear and came across some old pay dockets?Worst thing is it was 2006 and i was earning 15 pound an hour and than i came across one i had last week and i took home 296 for 40 hrs work.So just wondered if any of you happen to have had that much bad luck with your rates ?:sad:

thats a poor wage bolo hope you find something beter soon mate or iam i being optomistic how are people supposed to live on these wages scaffolding isnt the easiest job going so you want a realistic take home paye at the end of the week. dont be busting a gut bolo nice and steady as you go mate

Yes the rates have gone down, but are picking up again a job on me door step at the mo for 14h but only 2 weeks work. iam on 12 at the mo and the work is picking up, it just the length of the contracts :sick:

worked in invergordon in 1990 on rigs they brought in for repair getting to sleep half the day paid 18hrs taking home about 1000 a wk,20yrs later on a shutdown in a rattcliffe power station rules galore about the same dosh,not the same craic tho

liveing at home with mum and dad £25 quid house keeping. no bills or council tax tea cooked every night washing done and ironed can i come home mum!!! no you fooking cant me and your father had 30 years of you lol!!

Top Bottom