gkn mills sign

Peach

Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of the gkn mills sign from the 80s as the argument is that I've said there's no yellow in it Just blue and white but NAZZA is adament there is,the pup.

There is yellow in the logo but again, picture is not from the 80's.

images

It was called GKN Mills ( no yellow ) blue and white, I started with them in 1973 at their West London Branch. Some time in the 80's the name changed to GKN Kwikform, which did not go down well with the old school scaffs as most of guys I cut my teeth with were Mill's guys. The Kwikform came from their new product " the dog bone system" as we nicked named it, still no yellow just plane and white, I'm working in NZ at the mo, if and when I get back to the UK, I'll dig out some pics of the branch and see if there is a logo in site.

Thank you aussiebob I knew I was right.so much for the so called old school on here.some of them are probably in their 20s haha

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]In our day we didn't have mobiles with cameras on nor the time or desire to be taking pictures of employers signs:blink1:

bit of a shame that Bf, I wished I had some photos of some jobs and scaffs I worked with.

bit of a shame that Bf, I wished I had some photos of some jobs and scaffs I worked with.

Me too fred,but can imagine the grief youd have got for whipping out a camera and taking a pic of the job lol,or even worse,asking the lads to pose:eek:rare as hens teeth old scaffolders photo's,i don't think I've even got one:wondering:

having worked for gin in london bright manchester and macclesfield , in the late 80 s i remember blue and yellow

I worked for GKN out of the reading branch circa 88-92 & i defo remember the sighns being yellow writing on a blue board

I'm talking to old school havetrav not you ,and why am a prick! But thanks to the OLD school for the photos it was so so laid back then you could have a pint at dinner and have another after work together.

I'm talking to old school havetrav not you ,and why am a prick! But thanks to the OLD school for the photos it was so so laid back then you could have a pint at dinner and have another after work together.

Oops!! Shouldn't you have logged in as Peach?

Top Bottom