Giving notice

gmanscaff

Reaction score
Bit of advice please fellas...if I leave my firm and don't give a weeks notice, apart from "burning my bridges" can they stop me any of my last weeks money or holiday pay owed ???

That cannot hold any money's but you will not get a start with them again like mannie says go on the sick but don't tell you so called mates

why would you want to leave anywhere at the mo with the way things are fella things must be bad for you!

All sorted..if anyone needs work in the Dorset/Hampshire area pm became I shud be able to sort u out.

How to resign from your job
You should make it clear to your employer that you are formally resigning. You can give your resignation verbally, unless your contract of employment says otherwise. However, it's always a good idea to put it in writing, saying:

•how much notice you are giving
•what your last day will be
If you want to explain your reasons for resigning, putting it in writing will make it easier to organise your thoughts.

Give your employer the right amount of notice. By law, you must give one week's notice if you have worked for your employer for a month or more. Your contract may demand longer.

Remember that:

•your resignation can't be taken back, unless your contract allows it, or your employer agrees
•you will get your final pay on your normal pay day unless your contract says differently - you don't have the right to ask for it any earlier
•as long as you have given notice in accordance with the terms of your contract, your employer must accept your resignation

The only deductions allowed from wages are

TAX, National Insurance, and those ordered by a court of law

If you have a signed a contract stating that you will give a certain amount of notice on leaving your employment ,in theory your employer can sue for breach of contract in the Civil Courts for any damages sustained.I have never heard of any company taking this course of action

I left a firm in November one year, didn't take one days holiday and was saving all 21 for my holiday at christmas. The fuc.ker decided that as he had put me through my part 2 two years earlier that he was keeping this holiday pay. Wan.ker!

I Always Think Leave Right You Can Always Go Back (That Said Some Of The Dodgy Baskets Ive Worked For I Wouldnt Want To Go Back To) I Was Only To Glad To Tell Them To Shove It.

Top Bottom