getting shafted

b-safe1

Reaction score
did a job in november for a company and there was a flat roof, which was full of holes and total f--ked we needed to go over this, the company said that part of the building was comeing down so we could put our tubes through it, so this is what we did they finsh with scaffold, so we when and striped it put our bill in then get a letter to say we have damaged the roof and it will be taken off our bill. i did take pictures of roof before we started, i call them after we got letter telling them about what they said about go through it.they made out they said nothing about going though it, i send them a letter to say i would start a winding up order on them and i got a letter from them saying to have the roof done is 3200, so they want to take this off my 7k. do i take the money and what gos round comes round, or spend more money fighting it.

Tough one but you have done the right thing with photographs before you started, it could be called a dilapidation survey. We had something very similar on a church and it cost us around £400 to get a brilliant engineer to back us, worth a try.

did a job in november for a company and there was a flat roof, which was full of holes and total f--ked we needed to go over this, the company said that part of the building was comeing down so we could put our tubes through it, so this is what we did they finsh with scaffold, so we when and striped it put our bill in then get a letter to say we have damaged the roof and it will be taken off our bill. i did take pictures of roof before we started, i call them after we got letter telling them about what they said about go through it.they made out they said nothing about going though it, i send them a letter to say i would start a winding up order on them and i got a letter from them saying to have the roof done is 3200, so they want to take this off my 7k. do i take the money and what gos round comes round, or spend more money fighting it.

If you have reasonable proof of prior damage, then appoint an arbitrator.

If not, walk away.

Take the £3800 as a interim payment. agree to nothing when doing so. Its better to have the cash you are owed before you start the long process of who is right who is wrong about the so called damaged roof.

i would say you have know chance theve played you klike a kipped when the company i was on for were plumbing in 1 certian house they told them not to bother putitng dust sheets dow as they were getting new carpets in the coming weeks they insisted and so they cracked on a week later gaffer had them in the office they taken picture of the carpet after they left and siad it was destroyed and they wanted new ones's gaffer had to pay it ..... unless is was a necessity to go threw the roof youll find it hard to get away with it sorry bud

I'm honestly not so sure, I reckon as long as the photo's are good there is a chance, maybe even try what I did first of all which was get a roofer mate to look at the job first and maybe even price it as one thing for certain is these tw ats are at it and B-safe knows it.

I also know this is a bit like bolting the door after the horse has bolted but after our wee fiasco we really tightened up on the paper work and now always back heal the lower roofs to be supported and re-instated by others.

looks like u been biten,could take more money than its worth to get it all back and will drag on for ages,CCJs are easy to apply for online-sometimes just receiving the paperwork is enough to scare them into paying the balance,but remember to keep copys of evey letter and send all invoices and paperwork via recorded delivery even a copy to yourselves and keep unopened as a paperwork trail this way in court your original copies can be opened by a judge from a sealed and postmarked envelope, my m8 did exactly that and still only received a 50/50 judgement as the contractor just blatantly lied and forged aload of paperwork/letters to him, sometimes you just gotta swallow your pride and take the hit.
but he did take a advert out in the local paper thanking him for for the work and the court case-all very legal - but not flattering, now no local scaffs will touch the guy

get a roofing company you know to look at it and price it for you then using his quote as guidance, Bluff them saying you have fantastic very detailed photo,s and survey you did before you started job . If your own roof quote is much cheaper tell them they ripping you off, Also do you not have a contract stating if any works involved going over roofs etc etc you will not be held responsible and contractor puts it back at own cost. A good solicitor will advise you for free as first consultation, but if all comes to nowt tell them you want paying in full and you will employ your own contractor , then get someone on fiddle and buy materials for it .

But make sure once its all over and done with you go to there office and ever which one hustled you splat his fcukin nose all over his fcukin face :eek:

Get what you can out of them and chalk it down to experience...

I know we all like to work on a trust level but you cant beat good old fashioned written confirmation...Or just a quick email/one line fax confirming to them problems prior to the works commencing along the lines of "We accept NO Liabitlity etc etc..

Top Bottom