Germany...

StevenTartt

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to this and its my first post.
Ive read through that some of you have worked in Germany/holland and not been paid (wish id of read this before i went)
Recently me and a friend went over to Germany with reccomendation of the company.
Worked for 3 weeks with no pay and at one point they also cancelled our accomindation
Ive seen Olympus Bau and Lib Bau names and possibly the same firm as this one was called Wilkens Bau GmbH.. Ive seen the same names and numbers so they have to be the same company. Harry Muller was the name of the bloke the boss from our company kept contacting but we was in contact with a guy Richard.

Ive tried what i can to get the money im owed but its got to a point where they dont answer emails or phone calls. If anyone is still owed money i can give you the email address' and numbers i have for the company if it could help?

Welcome to the forum Steve, looks like another example where brits get screwed working abroad. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks.. can't see me getting it! Has anyone ever got it after coming back?
We live and learn i guess?

You'll probly get a few answers later on in the day/evening mate,theres a few had similar experiences. How did you get out there,who was the contact?

I've been calling every half hour for the past few days with no answer. A friend of mine works and lives in Germany and he put us on to these as they had been asking him to work for them.
The guy who called me was Richard on number 0049 541 385943262 but seen that number on here for verious names also. So Richard could be another name he uses.
I drove to and from England to Germany. Was in a place called Kirchheim unter Teck which is about 30-40 mins from Stuttgart. The company we worked for was it's self great and had held the last payment to the agency till we are paid.

Just hope that any lads who are thinking of working out in Germany read up before going so this doesn't happen in future. If an agency offers anyone work I'd advise they get the name of the company the agency are sending them to, call them and try negotiate a deal with them.. It maybe more appealing to the company as they would be saving and you would also be paid direct and not through a middle man.

Welcome to the Forum Steven

Sadly I don't think you will see your earnings

I am assuming you are self employed, with no written contract with your employer.Under German law,too obtain your earnings, I believe this would be a "civil"case and you would have to prove the terms and conditions of your agreement.

You say the main contractor was sound,write a letter (email) to their CEO explain what has happened. They could make you the "final"withheld payment. At the least they will know what a tw@t the agency is that they are employing to find labour to their site

These bast*rds are good at conning hard working men, It happens in the UK also, Hindsight is a beautiful thing and the fee's at the university of life are not cheap.

Expat web-site in Germany, good Forum, may help with advice

Toytown Germany - English language news and chat

Was out there in the early 90s working for a Dutch company . They tried to knock us but soon paid up when the 21 year old nutter Ovidu from Romania held one of the gaffers hostage with a gun to his head in the student accommodation of Chemnitz University . Needless to say we all got paid and Ovidu made his escape back to Romania in the gaffers BMW. :)

As far as I'm aware all those who got knocked in Germany never got their money,You only really have 2 choices,small claims court but without a contract you will struggle,or just let it go and move on,I know you don't need that so close to Christmas but it will just drive you up the wall if you let it fester inside of you.

Cheers guys.
No cant see me getting it either but wont give up calling and emailing.
Ive emails from them with the terms, ive also recorded phone calls to them.
Dont know how they sleep at night when do can do this to hard working folks.
True what they say.. if it seems to good to be true then it usualy is

I know i'd heard the stories just as a friend suggested them i thought it was all good.
Other lads have been paid but there was a few of them on one site, maybe if there is just a couple its easier to do?
Id love to know where the office is.
They have their IP Adress' diverted from America so they cant be traced through email

Head over on a 'stag do' and just happen to 'bump into them'.

Dirty robbing b@stards.

Haha sounds like a great idea!
Ive never met them and sadly wouldnt know them if i passed them in the street

Top Bottom