Geographical worst and best place you've worked ??

RedViking

Reaction score
The UK (and the rest of the world, for those lucky enough !!) has some fantastic places all over and some which are not :laugh:

So top 3 for each and what the job was , not necessarily the company...

Best:
1, The New Forest , Line Crossings
2, City of London, (love the veiws), New Build
3, Lake District, West Coast Mainline Bridge

Worst:
1, Monsull/Collyhurst (Manchester), Multi-story Flats & Metrolink Extension
2, Skelmersdale....nuff said :sick::sick:
3, Brixton , street work

Best

1. Leeds railway station fantastic bit of enginnering design (steve badger, steve cordon)
2. Tower bridge, nuff said
3. Newcastle high level bridge (massive bonus)

Worst

1. Meadowell, just after riots, (stoned every day) not cannabis neither
2. QE hospital Gateshead (nightmare simples)
3. every site with brickies on.

Best

1- mr & mrs Painter. Best cups of tea eva

2- The Clifton Cider Fest. Build the stage every year and open the bar with Old Rosie

3- mr mrs Painter. Bacon and egg sarnies with English mustard!

Worst

1- mr mrs Painters neighbour.

2- stripping the cider festival stage hanging out my arse

3- prolapse from too much cider

1 intel dublin loads a dosh...................2isle of man loads a dosh.............3peterhead same loads a dosh..............WORST 1ttag glasgow pure dross five shifts left their hilti drill in the wall when got call for job...........only one bad one for me really.

Missing the point not about hand glider and dosh it's about saying to your pal when grafting "if I won the lottery I buy a place here" or " thank Christ we only have to work here and not live here ".....,

Falkirk Wheel in scotland, A55 Bangor to Holyhead road scheme ( If you like open country an scenery ) Liverpool, Manchester, London ( parts of ) cos i just like the buzz of checking the city night life out while am there. Thirdly I choose Propping, shoring and jacking tower jobs we did at carlisle and liverpool because they were different clever engineering design type jobs , the crack was good, the nightlife was good and just a dam right laff.

Worst
birmingham, ( surely doesnt need me to give reason )
leeds ( fcukin Dive )
chelmsford ( Strange people that look at you as if you are looped because you are in work clothes )
kings cross and that place up the road from it, ( the place just gave me a head trauma )
peterhead ( had to ask geezer at aberdeen if we had passed it, thought he wer ganna chin me, Brilliant beach party on when i was there got chucked out of digs early hours of morn fcukin freezing )
aldershot ( full of squaddies, pubs had screwed tables an stools to floor then screwed ash trays to tables and had mesh up at windows, crowds of para,s walking streets chanting song,s and fighting with anyone they could including other squaddies and sometimes even themselves, Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wimpey and KFC,s windows were put out every 48 hrs or so and military police constantly running about ( the job did my knappa rit in aswell )

Ok, best

1 Whistler, British Columbia. A picture postcard place to work.
2 Deep cove, North Vancouver. Right by the pacific ocean, huge houses with their own jetty's for their boats !
3 Anywhere home in Wales.........!

And the worst......

1 Pelly crossing, Yukon territory. Stripping a bridge in -10c in the middle of absolutely no-where. Microwave food for 9 days and the only pub running out of beer.
2 Hockey house pavilion, Vancouver olympics. Stripping staging to the portable toilets, tearing up ply and decks full of stale beer and piss, nice.
3 Persimmon homes, Bath. 2 hour drive there, 2 back, site was a swamp, site agent was a tool, someone tried to nick my car and to top it off got tucked up on the price.

Chris, I wonder who you were working for on no.3 worst:huh::amazed::laugh:

Ok, best

1 Whistler, British Columbia. A picture postcard place to work.
2 Deep cove, North Vancouver. Right by the pacific ocean, huge houses with their own jetty's for their boats !
3 Anywhere home in Wales.........!

And the worst......

1 Pelly crossing, Yukon territory. Stripping a bridge in -10c in the middle of absolutely no-where. Microwave food for 9 days and the only pub running out of beer.
2 Hockey house pavilion, Vancouver olympics. Stripping staging to the portable toilets, tearing up ply and decks full of stale beer and piss, nice.
3 Persimmon homes, Bath. 2 hour drive there, 2 back, site was a swamp, site agent was a tool, someone tried to nick my car and to top it off got tucked up on the price.

Whistler was good, I did a nice job in Kitsilano for him, loads of other sh1te in the city too. Vancouver Convention Centre as well although Safway had loads on there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cymru09 he moved to Canada last year (or the year before:confused:)

Yep you're right Swifty, one of Lyndsey's jobs hence us being tucked right up !

Worst
UK
Best
New Zealand
Austrailia
Brunei
East Malaysia
Thailand
Indonesia
Singapore
Dubai

i only ever worked in London