Geda Hoist

paul

Reaction score
Have been using Layher for a few years now, when we are working over 5+lifts for large jobs we have been using the Geda Hoist to get our gear up using a 4 hooked spreader bar which enables us to get up four 4m standards - 4-3m decks and so on, has any of you guys had any material come off the hooks .

Me neither.... Never heard of it! 5 lifts? A couple of grunty's and a sweat....get it up...job done. Geda job done prob faster.

Have been using Layher for a few years now, when we are working over 5+lifts for large jobs we have been using the Geda Hoist to get our gear up using a 4 hooked spreader bar which enables us to get up four 4m standards - 4-3m decks and so on, has any of you guys had any material come off the hooks .

Using one at the moment, pukka IMHO it's the way u tie off ( I know it sound obivious but as long as it is hooked on properly ull be fine

I know as you use it for the first time it's a bit heart stopping but certain it's safer and quicker than rope and wheel;)

I spose its the same as the old electric swingout sarga hoists

rope and wheel is actually the fastest but i did do Grandstands about 20 years ago and a Hoist was used but dont know the name but it was slow although the components it was lifting where big sheets of ply for the TV crews "studio"
all the scaffold was chained as per usual;)

The geda might be slow but sends 4 things at once, the time it takes to send up 4 say layher decks still quicker than sending up 4 decks by rope

i was as fast on a rope as i am at drinking
so in my honest opinion we wont go any further :eek:

i was as fast on a rope as i am at drinking
so in my honest opinion we wont go any further :eek:

Thought so a 12 yr malt by any chance??

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Btw happy I've asked you a question on the spazticus thread

i do like a nice malt but with all Whisky
people dont like me much on the night
more of a Furstenburg kinda guy of late;)

Geda hoists are promoted by Layher and are not actually that slow but yes we did have a standard come off the hook from 14 lifts , a gust of wind blew the spreader bar in to scaffold and some how the standard came off the hook and broke the gate on the hook its self , have been using these hoist for the last couple of years and this is the first for us !

Top Bottom