Funding

CITB have info on grants. Don't know where you are in the country but one of our lads recently went to Training 2000 in Blackburn did his Part1 and got his Part2 free. Give them a ring 01254 54659 Ext 4112 Amanda Riding.

I personally think if your doing your part 2 then you should be proving what you can do, not being taught how to do it. I'm not saying you shouldn't be learning more things but I think there should be a minimum scaffolding experience time ( not the 6 month gaps like now ) & do the assessment at a different centre than you do the training or get independent assessors in

I disagree skeeno that's why it's called part 2 training course because they show you how it should be done, but totally agree with the gaps in 18 months you can have the part 2 card!!!!! Which says it all mate I'd say 18 months would have been better but then they would lose £££ trust me In a few years it will be after 3 months you can do ur part 1..... Tut

And yep I know on site is where u learn and the only reason we all go on the course is to get the card but for example where I started on sgb I had only use cup lock so actually did learn something at erith RIP Pete watts top instructor and bloke never forget him

So after 2 weeks training & a days assessment you were let loose as a part 2 scaffolder. I don't know your abilities bob but I've seen a lot of ***** & this is why, you can't learn scaffolding in 2 weeks & if you were only doing cup lock how did you get any experience before you rolled up on your next job showing your scaffolders card

Im not saying that mate but they do show u the proper way to put up a job which IS what I said!

As for MY abilities skeeno I started with a harness/spanners on the yts scheme which I know is wrong but someone offers that ur not going to say no are you??? Soon as I done part 2 course,I obviously struggled so I jacked for benchmark when I spoke to them I was honest and actually asked for part 1 money ( gospel truth which went down well) I've always been paid well and have lots of mates in the game, I'm actually starting a job in July for a film/events company where the basic is £175 but with overtime/night rates prob work out £230ish a shift so I ain't done toooooooooooooooo bad mate

But I'm lucky plenty of **** out there who actually think they are the bollox

Yep ring em joe if not East London sure ull get something even if ur not working give em ur utr number and I'm sure ull get something mate

I did joe only this year for a mate and if memory serves at the start pick the option for funding and give them ur details if they can't tell u then and there they'll call back rapid

My mate got 50% off so worth a punt mate

So after 2 weeks training & a days assessment you were let loose as a part 2 scaffolder. I don't know your abilities bob but I've seen a lot of ***** & this is why, you can't learn scaffolding in 2 weeks & if you were only doing cup lock how did you get any experience before you rolled up on your next job showing your scaffolders card

The card system is such a joke. Companies should have to verify competency of people before giving them a job. Just as they do in many other countries.

joe 100% theres funding mate ive just spoken to them they offer a : training at work scheme : something like that its consists of part 2 course and final assessment mate give em a bell on 03449944433 rather see u get it than a prlck that doesnt want to do anything mate

Bobby funnily enough I called erith n got mugged off today and then I called these so thank you very much!!!

Top Bottom