Funding success for 900-job MGT project

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score

by jez Davison, Evening GazetteDec 21 2011

THE company behind a biomass super-plant at Teesport says it has secured finance for the £600m scheme.

MGT Power said it had agreed more than £300m of funding from banks and a further £300m from equity investors for the project.

Now MGT is preparing to kick-start a recruitment drive that will see around 900 jobs created before construction starts on site in the middle of 2012.

MGT director Chris Moore said: “We are confident about finding the right staff locally because we know the workforce well.

Teesside is fortunate in having a very advanced, technologically focused workforce, with a long and proud heritage in the construction and operation of the UK’s largest power station assets.

Where better to construct one of the world’s largest and newest renewable energy technologies?”

The Tees Renewable Energy Plant (TREP) will create around 900 jobs for the three years the plant is under construction, a further 150 long-term jobs on site and another 300-plus supply chain roles.

Funding success for 900-job MGT project - Business News - News - nebusiness.co.uk

Its good news for the area but once they start building I'll give it 3 months and they'll be striking for some reason or other

:D

Teesside is fortunate in having a very advanced, technologically focused workforce, with a long and proud heritage in the construction and operation of the UK’s largest power station assets."

???????????

Teesside is fortunate in having a very advanced, technologically focused workforce, with a long and proud heritage in the construction and operation of the UK’s largest power station assets.

I did winder if I had read that right as well

Top Bottom