Fuel Cards

the ones thats the boss gives you are normally the best he he!

I use a Texaco account card and it works well for me , one invoice a month by direct debit

best to investigate them and there pros and cons some are aimed at high users where you get discounts for litres brought
others can be used anywhere

we use morrisons cos get £5 voucher n they come in handy for beer at xmas like!!

we use in-fuel uk, they give you good discount on the pump price, pay monthly, never had a problem with them. Be careful because some company's will set you a low pump price then 1-2 months later you can be paying over the odds!!!!!!

The best card for fuel is This :

Get a new Credit Card and dont use it for anything but fuel, you can then choose the cheapest garage you find local to ya, we used to use Key Fuels but the price started becoming very erratic day to day week to week so we got a credit card for fuel only makes life so much easier, you choose garage to suit you rather than looking for a garage that accepts your card, just pay it monthly in full ( does wonders for your credit rating ) you get vouchers at morrisons, nectar points at sainsbury,s, 5p a litre off at tesco,s at moment, dont think asda got any deals on at moment haha.

think most supermarket garages are cheaper than fuel cards at present, unless you have a big monthly fuel bill then buying bulk wins

We use Diesel Fleet Services.
We get an update every friday of next week's rate. Latest one is £1.16 a liter + VAT.

Sometimes it would be cheaper using Morrisons or another supermarket but most times it works out better using the cards

Good post super

the credit card for fuel only is a great idea, one bill, and best prices at the pump

I used to put mine on the company credit card,must admit it was a bit of a ball ache going through it to isolate and reconcile the fuel element

To be honest rigger we dont use many Accounts now, we have a couple of accounts for things like tyres, H&S ( gloves vests hats hazard tape etc etc ) basically consumerable stuff and breakdown recovery or puntures and maintainance etc etc.

For two reasons :

A) The last time we took a big hit it did my head in constantly trying to do deals with people , getting people paid , chasing round an round to get paid off people so I could pay People, some were brilliant to deal with some were impossible.

It was right before the recession kicked in im convinced we started the recession :nuts: we were busy as fcuk had some good biggish jobs on go and buying and hiring fair bit kit ( there was at least 2 artic trailer load of hire gear locked on a site by administrators of building firm. there was a lot of people and a lot of money to sort , and I promised myself never again, that was the third time and never again.

B) By having 3 credit cards, each only used for a specific function, like fuel, kit purchases and a general everyday kinda use card, aswell as cash payment on delivery purchasing you get a better deal on things , you are more versatile when needing to purchase stuff, we always pay off in full monthly, but if there was a hitch its not a major headache , you can make monthly payment no questions asked , doesnt matter where you at you can sort kit out or anything by using a card.

Warning : Im hoping no one on here is numb enough to look at what I do above then do it themselves but not pay off in full allowing interest to be charged on money owed. That is first step to disaster dont do it.:laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

We use Diesel Fleet Services.
We get an update every friday of next week's rate. Latest one is £1.16 a liter + VAT.

Sometimes it would be cheaper using Morrisons or another supermarket but most times it works out better using the cards

Prices maybe stablised now dass, We started using credit card bout 18 month ago poss little longer not sure, so not now fully upto date with current card prices plus we now have an Asda, Morrisons, Tesco and sainsbury petrol station within 3 miles of yard, they fight like mad between themselves pricewise.

What kinda volume you use per month couple thousand litres or lots more

We probably use around 1600-2000 litres a month.
To be honest, fuel is such a big expense these days I really should shop around to keep on top of the best deals. Its one of them things "I'll do it tomorrow"

i,ve a solar powered wagon and van... kinda limited to bright sunny days though;)

£1-16 a litre is best ive seen in a long time, if you find out anything cheaper let me know :D im off to kip fcukin donald ducked .

SF Admin we need a sleepy smillie ;)

We just have an account with our local garage and pay it monthly which let's the boy's fill up with just a signature and reg check. Another good thing about being small and local is they always phone me to check if another vehicle tries to use our account.

i,ve a solar powered wagon and van... kinda limited to bright sunny days though;)

Thats the way to go Anto, who the feck want's to work when it's not sunny:D

except for aom and his crew, they run for cover when the sun shines,afraid of turning into big red freckles :sad2:

Aye we are like vampires up here.:(

It's just as well we don't see it often, I would have went to the wall ages ago.

I thought that the Petrol Firms like Esso and Shell earned off fuel cards?
If so, can you not ring each of them up and let them give you the best deal?

Im more then likely wrong, but i dunno, lol.

Top Bottom