forgeting what have learnt

grafter

Reaction score
been scaffolding about 5 years learnt a lot but went on to a firm whitch only does basdc scaffolds been there for a while and got in my head when go back to do doing proper scaffolding will struggle to remember or does it all come flooding back

Keep your standards up grafter,you wont forget anything,theres a lot more to learn yet,it floods back when the situation rises.

Scaffolding is like riding a bike Grafter once you have mastered it you never forget how to do it, but dont get complacent you are learning all the time
5 years is not long in this game but a lot of lads think they know everything about the job after such a short time, that is until they come across something out of the ordinary then its fu ck me what am i going to do here or to save face lets jack and get another job [seen that done countless times]

Keep at it mate its a great job for those who can stick it out

I agree with both Fred and Gen.
Experienced voices. :)

You dont ever truly forget, you might 'misplace' certain little tricks and ways of doing things but you wont forget how to Scaffold. :)

This day an Age I would,nt worry about forgetting stuff as A scaffolder is no longer expected to think for himself look at a job and erect scaffold to suit the application. You are now given lots of pictures, paperwork, supervisor, chargehand more certificates, hoists, cranes, more PPE more drawings , more training , cherry pickers but never a tinnie or a bacon butty :D

Might just be me grafter but I think you do forget things you have learned over the years, see the top or bottom thread or the size of a sole pad.:embarrest:

For me, the easy answer is don't be afraid to ask especially on here, if you try and blag it you will last 5 minutes.

how can you forget when everything keeps changing .different rules and safe ways of working all the time .your better off forgetting and starting again every time a new sg or tg book of balls comes out

That's probably true which will make me not look quite as bad.:wondering:

Top Bottom