Foreigners cause unemployment official.

SWIFTY

Reaction score
2.62 Milllion unemployed in UK
2.56 non UK nationals in British employment

Coincidence?

Immigration to Britain from outside Europe is linked to unemployment in depressed economic times, according to an explosive report from the government's own expert advisers.

The migration advisory committee research published on Tuesday suggests that for every extra 100 non-European migrants who come to Britain, 23 fewer British residents are employed.

The finding directly challenges the established academic consensus that there has been little or no direct link between immigration and employment levels in Britain. It flatly contradicts research from the National Institute of Economic and Social Research published on Monday, which found that even in the recent recession there was no direct impact.

The official research confirms that migration has had no impact on average wages but says that it has increased wages at the top of the wage scale but has lowered wage rates at the bottom.

It says that its conclusion that an increase of 100 additional non-EU migrants may be associated with a reduction in employment of 23 "native workers" is based on an analysis of migration and employment rates over the period 1975 to 2010.

"But this possible displacement should not be assumed to last forever: those migrants who have been in the UK for over five years are not associated with displacement of British-born workers," it adds.

The report from the Home Office-appointed migration advisory committee, however, makes clear that there has been no increase in violent crime levels as a result of recent migration, and the influx of foreign skilled workers may actually have contributed to falling crime levels as they are less likely to commit burglary and other property crime.

In terms of housing, the report estimates that skilled migration from outside Europe will generate demand for an extra 112,000 homes by 2017 – only about 8% of the additional demand for housing within the next five years with – with the effects concentrated in London and other limited parts of Britain.

The report also says recent official assessments of immigration policy that have calculated the cost to the economy of measures such as curbing overseas students should instead measure their impact on the "economic wellbeing" of the resident population rather than their impact on the gross domestic product.

Professor David Metcalf, the chairman of the migration advisory committee, said: "Assessing the impacts of migration is not a simple decision and our conclusions will require careful consideration by the government. However, our research suggests that non-European migration is associated with some displacement of British workers."

Metcalf says 160,000 British-born workers have been displaced by non-EU migrants since 2005. But he added that there was no evidence that European immigration, including Polish, had led to fewer British workers being employed.

The report was commissioned by ministers after a Home Office impact assessment put the cost to the economy of the government's curbs on overseas students at more than £2bn a year.

Now that is a coincidence Swifty. Just readthe same thing in tonites paper. Metcalfs statement that theres no evidence that immigration has led to fewer Brit workers being unemployed stinks. Tell that to ofshorescaff and others. If people come to this country and work for less than locals,whats going to happen.

Well said fredrik coming over here working for less its a no brainer for the employers lets pay less and well get them (eu and no eu members excluding brits ) to work for us and we make bigger proffits, look in other countires some have to write to local council and authorities if they want to take on an immigrant over a native worker and its will not be accepted on grounds that they will work for less must be more exprienced better ideas etc (sure its america might be rong )

i havent worked with many forigeners on these shores and the ones i have work with always earned the going rate,havent seen any forigner under cutting another scaffolder yet this has been my honest experience but im sure there will be guys who have.

The Foreign workers ive worked with do get less money and they also put up with being treated like shiit - where a normal British bloke would punch the stroppy Foreman in the chin after a while.
But the Foreign worker just grits his teeth and puts up with it.

as a said jason never seen a forigen worker be paid less or try to under cut any british scaffs mate,a think if a saw a guy get picked on or abused a would take that action wether the guy was forigen or british no place in the modern world for bullies.

Well said CB and J.

Come on CB,one more post and i'll bring the 1000 up.

celtic what about that outfit on yer doorstep TURNERS,they brouhgt them over in droves and they may have got the same money as the locals but the money got slashed and the locals walked.you just have to look at the rates they are advertising THE PROOF IS OUT THERE.
EU CITIZENS ARE ENTITLED TO CHILD TAX CREDITS WHICH CAN AND ARE SENT TO POLISH/LITHUANIAN ETC BANK ACCOUNTS,AND HOW DO YOU CHECK IF MISTER SUCH AND SUCH IN GDANSK OR WEREVER HAS 5 KIDS I CAN ONLY IMAGINE A FAX OF THE BIRTHCERTIFICATE.
IF YOU CAN GET THAT SENT HOME THEN YOU HAVE THE WAGES HERE TO LOOK AFTER YERSEL AND SEND EVEN MORE OUT THE COUNTRY,AS A LOCAL YOU HAVE TO PAY THE FULL MONTY FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERY PENNY EARNED IS NEEDED ESPECIALLY THE STREET BOYS WHO DONT ALWAYS GET THE JOBS WITH THE GOOD PRICES.
I DONT BLAME THE FOREIGNERS I BLAME THE LAST LABOUR GOVERNMENT,THE CURRENT TORIE GOVERNMENT AND OF COURSE ALL THE BIG COMPANIES WHO CARE FECK ALL FOR BRITAIN AND ONLY GIVE A FECK ABOUT SELF GAIN :mad:

celtic what about that outfit on yer doorstep TURNERS,they brouhgt them over in droves and they may have got the same money as the locals but the money got slashed and the locals walked.you just have to look at the rates they are advertising THE PROOF IS OUT THERE.
EU CITIZENS ARE ENTITLED TO CHILD TAX CREDITS WHICH CAN AND ARE SENT TO POLISH/LITHUANIAN ETC BANK ACCOUNTS,AND HOW DO YOU CHECK IF MISTER SUCH AND SUCH IN GDANSK OR WEREVER HAS 5 KIDS I CAN ONLY IMAGINE A FAX OF THE BIRTHCERTIFICATE.
IF YOU CAN GET THAT SENT HOME THEN YOU HAVE THE WAGES HERE TO LOOK AFTER YERSEL AND SEND EVEN MORE OUT THE COUNTRY,AS A LOCAL YOU HAVE TO PAY THE FULL MONTY FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERY PENNY EARNED IS NEEDED ESPECIALLY THE STREET BOYS WHO DONT ALWAYS GET THE JOBS WITH THE GOOD PRICES.
I DONT BLAME THE FOREIGNERS I BLAME THE LAST LABOUR GOVERNMENT,THE CURRENT TORIE GOVERNMENT AND OF COURSE ALL THE BIG COMPANIES WHO CARE FECK ALL FOR BRITAIN AND ONLY GIVE A FECK ABOUT SELF GAIN :mad:
daftscaff the job in question is a joke look at the lads who worked for turners through the years most are running cape sites or in management themselves now,your right most walked when gerry mac left but a lot stayed and are looked after but that is the choosen few.if you pay tax in great britain your entitled to all the benifits that all this islands tax payers recieve mate,yes we all know every jam roll has 4.2 kids at home its just an opening that any opertunist would and does take advatage of wether they send their money home or not id say its their perogative what they do with it,i just didnt agree with the undercutting point as i havent experianced or seen it but not for one mo do i say it doesnt go on.

british work

british work for british people, were has the day gone were you should look after your own, gone down the pan to many jam rolls ect over hear, takes the piss, to many british lads with no jobs if you cant talk english you should not be in england BNP all the way we need to start to looking after each other [the british lads the british people]

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

as a said jason never seen a forigen worker be paid less or try to under cut any british scaffs mate,a think if a saw a guy get picked on or abused a would take that action wether the guy was forigen or british no place in the modern world for bullies.

**** the forigen people

Nothing new here, we've always known that and get branded "raaaaaaaaaaaaaacist!" if we try talk about it.

british work for british people, were has the day gone were you should look after your own, gone down the pan to many jam rolls ect over hear, takes the piss, to many british lads with no jobs if you cant talk english you should not be in england BNP all the way we need to start to looking after each other [the british lads the british people]

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

**** the forigen people

pmsl shout wes.

thers a big site in glasgow east that has employed translators due to so much non english speaking nationals employed tottally wrong in my opinion as so much local labour out of work in area which could do the job cant speak read write english shouldnt be working how dangerous does it have to get? who worked out the figures prof hawking lol

Good posts CB an opinion I share with my admittedly limited experience. I feel the Polish more than any other have earned the right to work on these shores and the one's I have met were certainly not earning any less than the locals and yes most have now long since gone. The British jobs for British workers thing is fine but you would then just have to take a quick shufty round the items that are in your own home and try and work out how many were made in Britain, not many I would imagine. Try telling people to Buy British when the cost is so much greater and the hullabaloo soon dies down. In my humble opinion, it works both ways.

Its not the influx of migrant workers who are to blame , but the business bosses and the politicians after cheap labour and votes who are.
THESE are the faceless b*st**ds that need lynching, but are as usual, sadly out of our reach.

Top Bottom