footage per man

neil81

Reaction score
how much do you think you could erect on your own in a day or before your ****** ? base lift.
second lift
third lift on a new build housing site .Got a start on price and on own ,first time worked on own like but at least wont have to split money ,the craic is going to be mint mind .

U should earn well...espcially on bird cages..just make sure u finish everything as u go the last thing u want is spending a day snagging and not earning 4it??

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Just out of interest where u based and wot r the price rates??

You rescue plan should say that you are not allowed to work on your own whilst wearing your harness.

But when I do

I know your not supposed to work alone but needs must ,north east and its £3 m base ,£4.20m 2nd and 3rd lift

£0.91 per foot to base out and £1.28 for next two lifts, as swifty said think they have it wrong there

I spent over 5 yrs working on my own & luved it...all u earn is yours . And how & when u do it is your shout.. more hrs u do more gets done as long as everyones happy about it u can finish early if ya wanna...but remember works both ways if u need to catch up or are fallin bhind you may need a 2nd pair of hands or a 25hr watch....get urself a decent radio and a IW. Get in with the forklift driver rather than anyone else as he will be ur deciding factor as to how much u can achive, you'll adopt slightly differnt methods of erecting when ur on ur own as well to make things easier....good luck

if you cant give someone 50 quid a day to help you , it seems unsafe and greedy

Is that £50 cash while he still gets benifits.

or is that employ him pay his tax -ni -holiday pay- public liability - employers ni-citb levy & supply him with a van that u tax, insure,tax and maintain and then let him take home £50.

Ffs go solo & keep the money in ur own pocket

Never heard of base out bein cheaper than running the lift in? U should earn best in the basing out

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Good prices on meter runs m8 u should earn well..like the boys say look after the forklift driver..

if you cant give someone 50 quid a day to help you , it seems unsafe and greedy

I agree done 3 storey jobs on my own and plenty of bungalows of all sizes.
To be honest fcuking hard work and boring.
Why don't you price for a lad to help.
Where are you ive got a couple of lads for a fee.

thanks for replies lads im in newcastle mate ,will give it a go on my own should be able to make some decent coin if i can avoid the red pen

Never, onward and upwards always. I started out doing jobs solo for years and loved it, when I think back and regale the young team with stories about doing 6 or 7 lifts on my own by standing the gear up off the back of the truck them jumping up and pulling the gear up they just laugh and call me Uncle Albert. Hard graft though, and not really viable as you spend far too long shifting gear and not doing what you are best at, twirling the spanner. I would give it a go for a while, but don't rule out drafting in a grunny to help should it be required.

The cost of doing it all your self iis more than the cost of a lab i recon by at leaste 50% with a lab your allways twerling doing the labouring your self is just like stood ona lift doing fek all ya not earning

Top Bottom