Fly

aom

Reaction score
Has anyone else got a tiny wee fly running over their screen or have I been infected, only seems to happen when I am on the forum?

Its actually a real fly... poor little guy, hes only trying to get out the rain. :p

Aom yell.com want £700 a year to get on there directory for three local towns near to myself does it justify £70 a month for the calls it generates or are you best off spending money advertising elsewhere, advice would be greatly appreciated cheers

Tell yell to go do one, the only people that check there for scaffs is the one of private jobs. We are in it but nothing to do with me the Mrs handles that side off it. Same thing with the web site, we have one but it is that poor we would be better without one although I did get a couple of enquiries through it this week.

Best advertising is through word of mouth, don't know your exact circumstance's but keep your cash do a good job and you will be fighting them off soon enough, same with any job really.

Cheers aom had a gut feeling they were spouting a load of ******** in sales patter, promising phone would ring off hook etc like you say word of mouth and mates go along way and don't cost near end of a bag of sand for the privilege thank you for the helpfull advice

Any time transom. It can raise your profile a bit even in some national construction rags but bring in extra work, nah.

Stay away from yell.com & the pages. They promise the earth, charge a fortune & unless you're one of the first adds on the first page, deliver feck all!
Have a look in the local papers see who's advertising in there but I'd say your best bet is getting a decent promotional advert printed & hitting the local builders/roofers.

Thank you Karl that totally confirms my suspicions about yell as aom said earlier think I buy a jet ski instead :)

tramson

My brother and I operated a small Family Firm , Sub-contractors...

Worst thing I done was to advertise on Yell, I got inundated with charities as asking for donations...cant give to them all :cry:

Has anyone else got a tiny wee fly running over their screen or have I been infected, only seems to happen when I am on the forum?

Had that once Aom,but for the moment.
No flies on me:cheesy:

Top Bottom