first day on site

pickles

Reaction score
i got my first day on a scaff site coming up soon, just want to know what i should be expecting for my first time never ever done scaffolding before but really looking forward to it

cheers

i got my first day on a scaff site coming up soon, just want to know what i should be expecting for my first time never ever done scaffolding before but really looking forward to it

cheers

Your shoulder will hurt like fcuk, your hands will be covered in blisters and you'll be calling 'poles and planks' 'tubes & boards' by about 08.15.....

Have fun.

hahahahaha make sure you got plenty of radox bath soak to ease them muscles mate

stand your ground with the lads but dont get out your pram and you will be fine , come back here and let us know how you get on.
Any help or advise you need mate just ask on here

best of luck with it

The first few weeks will be the hardest, dont give up it gets better with experence.

Thanks lads, that's wat I've heard the first few weeks are the hardest!

Walk on site, spit on ground, say "alright sunshine" to the foreman, then go an pick three boards up!

Nah only kidding Pickles enjoy it,

Expect everything the lads have already said, and if you can do it then Dandaps advice is good!!!!

Best of luck pickles.

firstly, don't mix ambition with ability until you've been doing it for at least fortnight, then you can come on here and tell everyone what there doing wrong:D.

Good advice from all the boys, however Allans about who will and who won't is probably sound,

watch and learn, it can be the hardest game in the world but some can make it easier and some can make it a lot fukcing harder

cheers

Expect to be sent for a long weight and sky hooks :D

Get used to the terminology

barney rubbles=Doubles
A china man =one 21ft tube or wan long

look at the other thread about the bosses son and dont be on the phone all the time .....

just do your best most decent blokes see that ....you wont have a problem

find another trade before this once excellent industry that got f***ed up dus your head in...

Get ready for a lot of aches, pains and most of all p*ss taking!!

If you get over the above and find yourself enjoying the game then only one piece of advice applies

Keep your Eyes and Ears open and your Mouth Shut!! :D

Good Luck!!

All brickies are w@nkers, but this will be explained at the site induction

Top Bottom