first aid courses

kendodd

Reaction score
any information on first aid courses recomended for the construction industry.

Just done one..First aid at work..3 day course, done mine thru St John ambulance. Cost around £300 +vat:cry: You have to be a bit of an actor on the final day.....every one passes......now thats a surprise!!!! Well worth it tho

frederik thanks very much for the reply ,how long is this course valid for before you need a refresher .

Just done one..First aid at work..3 day course, done mine thru St John ambulance. Cost around £300 +vat:cry: You have to be a bit of an actor on the final day.....every one passes......now thats a surprise!!!! Well worth it tho

They DO fail people mate - Albeit not many.

The other option is the Red Cross course.

Both are equally recognised and are a 3 day First Aid at Work course which lasts 3 years. You can do a 2 day refresher course as long as you are still inside that 3 year period and both St John Ambulance and the Red Cross recognise each others certification. So if you did your 3 day course with SJA for example, then you could do the refresher with the RC and vice-versa.

3 years buddy

I might be wrong but i think most companies who provide first aid training contact you and let you know when you need a refresher course. We recently had two of our staff have their refresher course after 3 years.

I might be wrong but i think most companies who provide first aid training contact you and let you know when you need a refresher course. We recently had two of our staff have their refresher course after 3 years.

at least we agreed on something:nuts: I also done a 2 day scaff inspector course and evryone passed that as well, out of 13. only4 of us had a background in T&F....you all know it takes a while to know the terminology let alone erecting the stuff:blink:

Happy days :D lol just out of interest are there many scaff inspectors about then?

You can try your local scuba dive shop they have first aid instructor.
Bet they are cheaper than anyone else

I teach first aid as a scuba diving instructor but i dont think it is recognised by the HSE because it is a very basic course , much better to do the 3 day St Johns ambulance course
I do think it should be compulsory for every one to learn basic first aid and should be taught at all levels by the CITB with the training getting more intense as you progress through each level.
Even a basic knowledge can save peoples lives

To be fair Phill I think the citb already do teach the young guns basic first aid. All the boy's I send come back with a certificate anyway.

Cheers andy i definitely will mate , i dived the Farne islands 2 years ago awesome diving them seals are funny as hell there is supposed to be some good wrecks there but the lot i was with only wanted to do the islands , mind you i got a couple of fine lobsters

Done mine not long ago, emergency first aid at work. 1 day course, and cert lasts for 3 years, mainly taught CPR.

Top Bottom