Finsbury Park teen gets 15 years for stabbing

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Finsbury Park teen gets 15 years for stabbingBy JON DEAN
Friday, November 25, 2011
6:54 AM

A teenager who stabbed an Olympic worker causing his heart to stop was jailed for 15 years on Tuesday.

Tristan Henry, 17, of Hartley Road, Finsbury Park, attacked Tomasz Baranowski, 24, leaving him blind and paralysed after the scaffolder had racially abused him.

The fight started on the N98 bus as it passed through Maida Vale. Mr Baranowksi and a friend were singing football chants when Henry, who was 16 at the time, told him to “shut the f**k up”, the judge said.

Mr Baranowski, then started making monkey noises which prompted Henry, who is black, to pull out a flick knife.

Henry moved away to the front of the bus, but Mr Baranowski sat next to him and a scuffle broke out causing the pair to leave the bus.

Witnesses say they saw Henry stab the victim twice, then stamp on his head before smiling and walking away, stealing Mr Baranowksi’s jacket, £40 and a mobile phone.

London’s air ambulance crew had to perform open heart surgery in the street to save Mr Baranowski’s life.

Judge Anthony Pitts said: “You did, in fact, kill Tomasz. The fact he was brought back to life 10 minutes or so later was nothing to do with you.

“If they had been held up at all they wouldn’t have been able to bring him back and you would have been facing a murder charge.”

He added: “Many might say it would have been better if he had stayed dead, for his own peace and so his family could have remembered him how we was.”

In mitigation, defence counsel said Henry had suffered “postcode bullying” since moving to Finsbury Park from Tottenham, and occasionally carried a knife for protection.

But Judge Pitts considered Henry dangerous and sentenced him to a 15-year custodial sentence with a minimum of seven-and-a-half years behind bars.

During the trial, Mr Baranowski’s mother Irena said: “I’ve been crying every day since the incident. I have panic attacks and nightmares every day.

“He was a handsome and tall man and when I see him now as he lies still in his bed I can’t bear it.”

He was racially abused so he stabbed the fella twice and stamped on his head , some might say he was justified in his actions , So why the fu ck did he rob his coat , phone and money , me thinks he played the race card and the judge wouldnt have none of it and he didnt get half enough bird

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

You sure your on the right thread there Poacher :)

RACE CARD NO DOUBT TOMASZ WOULD PLAY THE RACE CARD IF THE OLD BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS WAS BANDED ABOUT ON SIGHT.
PHIL IS RIGHT THOUGH AND THE FECKER SHOULD ROT IN THE JAIL BUT AS YOU AND I KNOW HE WILL GET BETTER FED PLAY X-BOX IN HIS CELL AND PROBABLY CONVERT TO ISLAM BECAUSE IT WAS THE WHITES WHO STOLE HIS GREAT GREAT GRANDADDY NOT THE ARAB AND MUSLIM BLACKS :mad:

were was tomasz pal when the wee cant was stabbing and robbing his friend.
doesnt really matter about the sentence because they dont give a feck aboot the nick because they know its a peice of piss

With out it being a racial stereotype saying.. sorta thing.. ... black guy into an argument, black guy uses a knife.... do they not have fists?

With out it being a racial stereotype saying.. sorta thing.. ... black guy into an argument, black guy uses a knife.... do they not have fists?

No balls to go toe to toe, usually they hunt in packs , carry knives or guns. fecking cowards

He was racially abused so he stabbed the fella twice and stamped on his head , some might say he was justified in his actions , So why the fu ck did he rob his coat , phone and money , me thinks he played the race card and the judge wouldnt have none of it and he didnt get half enough bird.

How much did you wanna bet that, that is EXACTLY what happened.
Easy to make excuses after, especially when your trying to play the victim...

Calling a Black person a Monkey is absolutely NO justification to try to murder someone.

Black people are more then happy to call each other: 'Ni.gger', but if a White person does it, then all of a sudden its offensive???

Does that mean that i can stab someone, if they call me a 'Fat C.unt'?
I also find that highly offensive, tbh.

Trouble is a lot of young lads ( not just black lads ) dont have bottle to have a tear up , so they just stab or shoot . One thing i do respect about the pikeys they will go out and have a straightner with just their fist

i got the pleasure of knowing tomas for some time while working with the lad always came over as a right nice guy always joking and having the crack,hope he makes a speedy recovery after his ordeal apparently if it wernt for a passing surgeon who performed a near miracle to keep him alive the guy be dead.just highlights the problems we have in society with knife culture and racism looks like both have had a hand in ruining another two lives.

RACE CARD NO DOUBT TOMASZ WOULD PLAY THE RACE CARD IF THE OLD BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH WORKERS WAS BANDED ABOUT ON SIGHT.
PHIL IS RIGHT THOUGH AND THE FECKER SHOULD ROT IN THE JAIL BUT AS YOU AND I KNOW HE WILL GET BETTER FED PLAY X-BOX IN HIS CELL AND PROBABLY CONVERT TO ISLAM BECAUSE IT WAS THE WHITES WHO STOLE HIS GREAT GREAT GRANDADDY NOT THE ARAB AND MUSLIM BLACKS :mad:

Don't talk sh1t pal, what makes you say he'd play the race card himself? You don't even know him, everyone I know said that he was a great lad, he did not deserve that, no matter what he said. As far as I know he has been moved from hospital now, never gonna be the same again for his family. Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Tomasz as this happened the week before I came onto the firm at the time.

yea chris agree with you there good lad ive got feeling bernie and rob will try look after him in some way,shame for the lad.

Never Knew tomas but i hope a miracle happens and he makes a speedy recovery, the ba5tard with the knife should be hung by the ba11s and left to rot

Top Bottom