Final week before the shutdown.

aom

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone was facing in the run up to the holidays? We as usual are fighting the high winds and once again heading out the yard at 5am tomorrow to get to a ferry that probably won't sail. We also have the usual suspects telling us that the jobs will be completed this week but can't tell us what day. Sometimes you wonder if it's all worth it.

The usual 2 weeks Fred. This is the best one as long as we can hit all our targets this week as nobody's looking for us at any stage. The storms are a worry but the boards are well screwed down.

If you get the ferry in the morning,is there a chance it not making the return trip? could cost you in digs!!

You got it in one Phil. ;)

Your right though Fred, it could be costly but you have to try and keep your clients happy regardless of the conditions.

If we were to get stuck, the boys would be devastated as they spent all last week in a caravan on an island off an island. The tide hardly went out all week so the gear is still there as the only tide we did get the farmer who was tasked to get the gear to the main island couldn't do it as he had to feed his beasts. :laugh:

Island life I suppose.

Digs including a wee dram or 2????

Looks like ive shut down already. Start date for a soho refurb has been shifted 3 times.

You're joking, the boys are like gremlins except you never ever let them drink. ;)

Sorry to hear that you are in the house, that's not good. It's going to be the new year now surely?

Not that fussed Al, will while the time reading and posting twaddle. Missus has me on cleaning duties.

That's a nightmare, I don't really do domestic bliss. My plans for my 2 weeks are a lot more golf oriented. ;)

Well, as long as she doesn't read this. :laugh:

Lol, my plans are admittedly weather dependent but usually we do not so bad over Christmas. The wind is a bit early this year but if it keeps the snow away I will settle for that.

I see the Gers v Stmuir postponed due to the winds. Only 13 pts clear now:D

Yeah, we may have to invest heavily in the new year to make sure we win this one. The real battle is in the boardroom, they reckon we are still in danger of going bust again. I reckon I will be at the meeting on Thursday, I know it means very little but I will get my say then for what it's worth. Just hope I can wangle the day off.

Yeah, pity that the game was called off, think the stadium was in danger of getting blown away. :eek:

Top Bottom