extra hire

b-safe1

Reaction score
got a job up and the extra hire is now a grand, when round to see the customer today, to chase it up, but he was then going off shore said he would get the his wife to get money in morning, so i phone her to night to ask what time she would be about, she came out with he never told me anything about it, we will pay you when you take it down, told her i would be there at 7 in morning to take it down as i know they are going to be another 12 weeks with it, and they have got no intenson of paying it, troble is it is fully loaded with brick could they claim if we bombed them down or are we in our write to clear scaffold.

I would email or put it n writing that its coming down and it is there responsibility to ensure the scaffold is cleared or you cant take any responsibility for damage that may occur.
and make sure you bomb the fu cking lot .

Hi B-Safe1

Did you send any T&Cs with your quote or was this cash inhand job ?

We've had similar problems like this in the past. There are a few options open to you.
1. Go and clear the scaffold (using whatever means necessary), take it down and walk away. Bearing mind that you'll probably get no more cash and they could come after you for damaging bricks, grass, flowerbeds whatever.

2. Take the handrails off and take any ladders away and tell them you'll put them back on when you're paid.

3. Send them a letter giving them 7 days notice to clear the scaffold because you're going to strip it. If the bricks are still on the scaffold then they can't say they haven't been warned. Again you'll probably get no more cash off them.

4. Assuming its not a cash job, tell them you're going to take them to the small claims court and you'll claim all of the costs, the hire bill and interest.

Hope this gives you some ideas

just this minute got a txt from her to say she will have money there at 9 30 we will see

Good luck bsafe she must be reading this forum

yes we did give them t&c there just ------ off cause it has taken them a lot long to build but not my problem, had this just after christmas a woman phone to say the scaffold could come down, told her it was a extra £200, and she said well i can not help the whether take the ----

Hopefully the threat of stripping it has done the job,well done.Are they going to pay on time for the further extra-hire or are you stripping it anyway?

Hopefully the threat of stripping it has done the job,well done.Are they going to pay on time for the further extra-hire or are you stripping it anyway?

thicking that my self just have to make sure i go every week and chase it can only get knock on 1 week then lol

Top Bottom