Ergonomics.

brandy

Reaction score
Came across this word while looking through Code of Practise for Access and Workings Scaffolds (IRL). (quote) This principle refers to the design of places of work and ergonomic considerations of the individual, for example in the case of scaffolding erection the choice of equipment and method used should take into account the possible effect of repetitive stress on the health of the individual. Does that mean that there has been a study done on the use of the scaffstep.

Hi my learned friend. In my opinion, i do not think there would have been a Ergonomic study into the use of the 'Scaff step' for the simple reason being, has there been a study into the Ergonomic nature of using a 'Swingover' scaffold spanner, now there we have some RSI,issues.

The most high profile studies, that i have encountered, was a Ergonomic research into PC/Workstation seating, where the 'Call centre' was 'Hotbedding' the workstations. The Cruix of the argument was, these chairs should be Ergonomically suited to a individual.:eek::eek:

Yeh Paddy was looking up the meaning of the word on google and all I could get was the effect on office workers back posture and eye strain on computer users, reckon they think us scaffs are indestructable.

We are using the Scaffsteps,two points,short arse scaffs have to stretch to get the handrail in off the steps,more strain on the body,boarding out from the lift below puts even more strain on you.You might be in a so called safe zone but you are straining a lot more than working as you used to. Obviously these rules are created by office dwelling creatures,who have never done a days hard graft in their lives.

Ergonomics

you think the office carry on is mad, go and buy a SAAB, the salesman kept on bleating on about the ergonomic driving position and the position of the controls, key position in the center console so you dont have to bend over to get them under the steering column and all that sh1t, when he was finished i dropped the keys as i was getting in and asked him to pick them up as i had a bad back,
you should have seen his face :laugh:

ergonomic assessment as i understand means finding the best position for the person to carry out the task safely.

what the fooks this all aboot . ergonomics ? not a word sorry . some prick trying to sound clever making it up as he goes along . as for the boarding out with the scaffstep i just put the first few on then board from the handrailled lift . never been pulled on this yet . as long as you please the egos of these sad little people that police our industry they will be happy . so if they see you on a scaff step regardless if your working safely or not they have won in there own sad little heads . then they will go home to there disgusting sexless wives or overweight boyfriends and tell them how they saved the life of a thick as fook scaff today . best thing to do is remember the face of these sad little people . although they would love to be they are not at work 24 hours a day ,and one day you might be lucky enough to see them away from work and you are free to do what YOU want .i know a safety officer with a 3 day scaffold inspection course who works for gentoo in sunderland ,which is only 5 minutes from my house who will get it when i see him . if it takes until i am 90 if i bump into him it will be the best day of my life

instructor i feel you need to fook off and let me enjoy my saturday night rant . why havent you give any info on yourself or a location . do you mean i need physical training before i batter this idiot or sit and listen to the likes of you

I had to do an ergonomic risk assessment as part of my diploma, taking into account the Task, Load, Environment and the Individual. But try putting it into practice in the world of scaffolding forget it, bit like complying with the Manual Handling guidance.

Top Bottom