Entry to Market

samlewis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the comments posted on here and am very impressed with the knowledge and refreshing honesty and 'striaght to the point' information.

I'll get straight to the point, i am in the process of securing a distribution contract for a new scafoolding system for south east asia and europe. It has Australian safety cetification and is already in use on the east coast of Australia.

I am after some feedback on how best to enter the market and whom to approach to introduce this product to the market.

Thi product is a 'wedge fit' design (similar to Layher) that has been developed by australians with years of scaffolding experience. I myself have limited experience in the scafoolding game but have been involved in construction on and off for the past 8-10 years. This system is lighter, faster, safer and more efficient than anything i have seen before. It has a rating to 400 meters and is incredibly easy to erect and dismantle cutting the costs on labour and downtime and worked based injuries. Erected with the use of only a wooden or rubber mallet this is a HSE inspector and a scaffs dream product. I have worked with wedge design scaffold before and have been seriously unimpressed with the stability and rigidity of the products, but i assure you that this is very different and in my opinion the future of scaffolding systems.

I am interested in any feedback that can help me 'fine tune' my marketing plan to best exploit this product to the market and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome sam good luck with your new venture

Whats it like to use on those bow fronted buildings in London? The ones that have balconies and stairs down to basements?Maybe you would need more than a wooden mallett to get in to those awkward places?
And wont it mean less jobs?
And as you say "Thi product is a 'wedge fit' design (similar to Layher) that has been developed by australians with years of scaffolding experience" isnt it just a copy of Layher?

Last edited:
Take it to Russia where you will be met with open arms, or so I'm told.

I just bought an IW, don't think you get a power rubber mallet.

British market is already flooded with cheap copy versions of every system available so I think you might struggle. You could try hawking it round the big sales divisions like Generation or Beaver 84.

Welcome to the forum.:bigsmile:

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the comments posted on here and am very impressed with the knowledge and refreshing honesty and 'striaght to the point' information.

I'll get straight to the point, i am in the process of securing a distribution contract for a new scafoolding system for south east asia and europe. It has Australian safety cetification and is already in use on the east coast of Australia.

I am after some feedback on how best to enter the market and whom to approach to introduce this product to the market.

Thi product is a 'wedge fit' design (similar to Layher) that has been developed by australians with years of scaffolding experience. I myself have limited experience in the scafoolding game but have been involved in construction on and off for the past 8-10 years. This system is lighter, faster, safer and more efficient than anything i have seen before. It has a rating to 400 meters and is incredibly easy to erect and dismantle cutting the costs on labour and downtime and worked based injuries. Erected with the use of only a wooden or rubber mallet this is a HSE inspector and a scaffs dream product. I have worked with wedge design scaffold before and have been seriously unimpressed with the stability and rigidity of the products, but i assure you that this is very different and in my opinion the future of scaffolding systems.

I am interested in any feedback that can help me 'fine tune' my marketing plan to best exploit this product to the market and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

It's hardly going to be a 'scaffs dream product' if it's quicker and therefore reduces the amount of work for scaffolders.

We've heard all of this before with the likes of SGB's Sprint and various other systems that utterly fail when properly road-tested.

However, there is a market for system scaffolding. The general route to introduction would be to approach some leading UK scaffolding contractors and if they're interested, offer to fly them out to Australia to show them this product in action.

Good luck.

NB. IMO - I'd avoid generic sales patter like 'I assure you that this is very different and in my opinion the future of scaffolding systems'

We've heard it all before mate.

You remember SGB Sprint Phil181? I was in Germany years ago and we were doing some price work for OGB Gerustbau (Berlin SGB) when they introduced Sprint. It was far more cumbersome and slower to use than the other 2 and 3 board frame systems it was based on. One guy lost his finger using a cantilever bracket which was like a huge pair of shears.
Years later a Brit had a serious accident involving a stop end bracket which had a design fault.
Never heard of it again.

You remember SGB Sprint Phil181? I was in Germany years ago and we were doing some price work for OGB Gerustbau (Berlin SGB) when they introduced Sprint. It was far more cumbersome and slower to use than the other 2 and 3 board frame systems it was based on. One guy lost his finger using a cantilever bracket which was like a huge pair of shears.
Years later a Brit had a serious accident involving a stop end bracket which had a design fault.
Never heard of it again.

I remember being assured that Sprint was 'very different and the future of scaffolding systems'.....

You can still see it now and again, the last time I used it was for a pavement gantry then allround on top of it. I worked for a large building firm who also got a load of it on free trial and left muggins ere to erect it himself, nightmare and best left in the past like most of these must have inventions.

You can still see it now and again, the last time I used it was for a pavement gantry then allround on top of it. I worked for a large building firm who also got a load of it on free trial and left muggins ere to erect it himself, nightmare and best left in the past like most of these must have inventions.

Well that's one of the big problems with committing to a system scaffold mate. Once you've bought into it, you need to stick with it - or give it up very quickly.

Either way, it's a big risk investing in a system.

There are a few tried and trusted systems about and I don't think they are all bad. Most of my system building experience was on cup lok so when the time came to invest in one that was it. I usually find sticking to what you know pay's dividends. Any new system coming on to an already flooded market is going to struggle even if it's a good one which to be perfectly honest I doubt.

There are a few tried and trusted systems about and I don't think they are all bad. Most of my system building experience was on cup lok so when the time came to invest in one that was it. I usually find sticking to what you know pay's dividends. Any new system coming on to an already flooded market is going to struggle even if it's a good one which to be perfectly honest I doubt.

All true.

Cuplock all the way least doesnt cost 30 quid a standard like layher

Hi Sam, welcome to the Forum

I don't want to pyss on your chips mate, but what previous posters have said makes sense.........and the future of Scaffolding is still in the past.......you'll never beat traditional Tubes and Fittings

That's a great saying Charlie, might use that as my own.:blink1:

Charlie love it mate

" future of Scaffolding is still in the past "

The main reason for system scaffold is to cut down on the labour element (scaffolders skill level, output, and wages,) of those erecting it.

Yes I am a fully paid up Luddite, Erect any job with tube+fitting and a few beams for the long spans :cool:

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum
Unfortunately you would struggle to compete in the UK with any system
many have tried and lots have failed
The UK scaffolding companies have invested heavily in tube and fitting and unless you can compete with T & F on price, your system wont sell well here
Good luck in aus though, see you in 2013/14 for another thrasin

welcome sam as already stated system is overrated and the vast array of types is endless.on a straight run maybe but the way buildings are being designed nowadays you will always have to utilise tube,which then makes the job look untidy and defeating the whole purpose.
all the best though as you seem a decent and honest guy,most non scaffs come on here and try to talk down to us.

Top Bottom