Employment law

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

This is not for me but need some advice for someone else. Any union officials or shop stewards on here who could offer some advice in regards of the retail industry employment would you send me a personal message with a contact number. This is a major commercial retail company( bully boy tactics ect).

?

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

B&Q actually.

I need the info before I bring the big boys down a peg or 10. I need somebody good to help my quest on this mission.

whoever this is for, what does their union official say on the matter? surely this would a better avenue to take than asking for advice from people who's union experience is in the construction industry.

This so called company is owned by the kingfisher group. They are not allowed to form a union or join 1 or the employees are shown the door by playing the warning game. I have even known of a person recieving a writing warning for going to the toilet too often and she was 7 months pregnant . It doesn't matter wether the employer has 2 million employees or just 2 there's rules and proceedures that must be followed for everyone as everyone is equal.
How would everybody feel when they start giving you 2 days off in the week on blue book site so they don't have to pay premium time on the weekends.
Weather it's B&Q or Hertel rules are rules.
I just need a good chat with somebody who is very knowledgable within employment law that's all.

Last edited:
I didn't realise in this day and age that a company could get away with not allowing its employees to be part of a union. Personally i dont know that much about employment law more into the health and safety side. Maybe these could help you though. Home - Acas They are more for the employer but if you use the advice A-Z on the left hand side of the page you may get some of the answers you need.

Last edited:
I deal with H&S myself that's the reason I'm asking the lads. It's ar lass who's having the problem and I'm trying to give her the bullets she needs.

This so called company is owned by the kingfisher group. They are not allowed to form a union or join 1 or the employees are shown the door by playing the warning game. I have even known of a person recieving a writing warning for going to the toilet too often and she was 7 months pregnant . It doesn't matter wether the employer has 2 million employees or just 2 there's rules and proceedures that must be followed for everyone as everyone is equal.
How would everybody feel when they start giving you 2 days off in the week on blue book site so they don't have to pay premium time on the weekends.
Weather it's B&Q or Hertel rules are rules.
I just need a good chat with somebody who is very knowledgable within employment law that's all.

I for my sins worked in retail and in catering the working week is and was 5 out of 7 days on rota there is no additional pay for weekends. its standard if you look at the contract it may highlight that a percentage of the hourly rate or salery is there to compensate for unsocial hours hope this helps

a union can be formed in any working enviroment by the employees although the company can choose not to recognise this formation or the main body ie the regulated union it allys its-self to,this one looks like the whole workforce would have to make a determind stand to have the union recognised by the employer.secondly any dispute can be put in the hands of a employment lawyer and the govermental procedures will be carried out no matter the employers stance on unions,the law will be seen to be done in this case ian.

Top Bottom