employer's refund

ip3mike

Reaction score
does any one know if an employer of a scaffolding firm that is registered with citb gets a refund for employee's scaffolding courses

I am not 100% sure but I think that the employer can claim back something like £30 per day per man on a course.

I know that you definatly can though. Hopefully one of the training guys will tell you all you need to know and who you need to speak to to do this.

we as a company that pays a levy can get grants towards training, but very rarely does a company get 100% cost of training including wages travel etc etc

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

what are you trying to workout like mike

i've always been told a company can claim back at least half the cost of training employee's ,i have now been told they cannot claim any expences back and that training should be taken in your own time using holiday to cover any wages lost

From memory as i stated I know that a CITB registered company can claim a certain amount back which I think was £30 per day per man so would be £300 per 2 week course etc...

From memory as i stated I know that a CITB registered company can claim a certain amount back which I think was £30 per day per man so would be £300 per 2 week course etc...

i think CITB have dropped it to £21 per day for a levy payer.

£21 a day and we wonder why there is no investment. Best idea is everybody stop paying anything to citb in ALL trades.

£21 a day and we wonder why there is no investment. Best idea is everbody stop paying anything to citb in ALL trades.

CITB/Construction skills are humping everyone, they have laid no one off but shafting all the payers.

i am an employee i was told that by the instructor at bircham and other scaffolders

Steve, don't get me started with these bams. The hassle I'm getting for my levy return is beyond belief. If I say that was labour only it was for labour only.:mad:

mike you fill traing plans in showing how many man hours you use for training how much traing costs etc etc then you get a grant towards doing it all but not 100% like i said before

like just said by someone you now get 21 dabs a day towards training

i thought maybe you were trying to claim and was getting palmed off by someone at first

it was my company saying they cannot claim any expences and insist that training should be taken in holiday time

sounds about right with some of them , but i suppose everyones trying to save a few quid so if agreements can be made between employer an employee no harm but not to be given choice bit harsh me finks

Was it Steve.:D:D

Sorry but I couldn't resist.:laugh::laugh:

It used to be £500 after the assessment on part 2 and either £1k or £1500 after advanced assessment and £35 a day during training. I'll check my files tomorrow.But the torries are in now so we'll have to give them a grand after part2 assessment and 5k after advanced assessment.

As I said on a previous thread, they will never be a private entity in my eyes as long as we pay the levy.

bet superscaffs got a deal where he gets all his levy back,probably dont pay and he still gets it back.

Top Bottom