Emigrating

Westwilly

Reaction score
Is my uk NVQ level 2 in scaffolding recognised in Australia ? Any help will be much appreciated !!

I don't think so, you need an Australian qualification

yep prior learning is handy as its a 2 day course in Perth to change over once you have yor cisrs with you

willy, i did my change over, it was a 4hr assessment what they call a challenge test, if you could call it that haha! the assessor got me to point at how i would erect a scaffold, i didnt even use my spanners ha! total cost $200!!

If you get a white card - Aussie Cscs card you can get a start with a street/site firm no problem - 1 day course cost about $100

just tell em your experience an have a trial week and your good to go! Pay you a bit less because you don't have a ticket but you got your foot in the door!

Obviously be a lot harder if you were trying to get on a mine or shut down... But street work in Sydney with a bunch of Irish lads is a good laugh!

They actively seek British scaffs too!

$800 for an 8 hr course to transfer tickets in Perth,I had to do a 3m by 3m return(get use to metric),didnt even board it.Moneys best in WA mines etcetera,as has been said in many posts here try Celtic Scaffolding,Caledonia and Pilbarra all t+f companies,they'll give you a start

Im going to perth on the 17 july and im only a part 1 but i got 3 mates working there they recommended me to do the basic intermediate and advanced i researched it and you can do it all in 11 days they are working in the mines and earning $3300 a week 3 weeks on 1 week off so thats the route im taking mate.

Yer i thinks its a camp mate he flys in and then flys out on a plane to it

Damn I'm goin with the misses this isn't really ideal. Cheers anyway.

Top Bottom