Edge Protection and Netting

aom

Reaction score
Maybe this should be on the jobs page but does anyone know of any firms preferably in and around the Glasgow area who can do both?

There is a good client and friend of mine looking for this for a small industrial steel frame shed but getting quoted silly money for it. He asked me but we have no ticket's or experience with nets and really needs someone who can do both. There was a good small contractor down here a couple of times who did it but for the life of me I can't remember his company name. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Aom this is the type of work, what we built our Original company on.

He will expect Approx £1-50 per mtr square netting , Approx £15-00 per mtr Handrail plus plant charges.

If he can get it for that he will jump at it. The only real problem that I never mentioned is it's on a small island where you need to take 2 ferries to get to it but I will pass on that number to see if they are busy.

So now you just need to add travel and ferry tickets on price lol what size is it and where is it Aom, I will sort him a price out for it if he is interested we quite quiet at moment cant promise anything but will knock a quote up for him

I'm sure he would be interested in hearing from anyone. Travel is a nightmare even for us you get the Ferry from Kennacraig to Islay then a wee council ferry to Jura. Can't see it being much use to you but will get the drawing for you if you would like a wee squint.

Boredom is Kicking in Aom, We used to travel all over the country doing handrails and netting , Stranrea , Peterhead, carlisle, gretna all the way down to london mate

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Ive found it on google maps Aom I could fcukin Swim that little puddle no problem :laugh:

oh well, that's it decided, I couldn't make up my mind whether to get the big truck out tomorrow and go on a stripping frenzy or stay in the office and catch up with estimates and invoice's and let the boy's loose with the wee truck. I will now stay in the yard and get the details for you, what's your e-mail?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Boredom is Kicking in Aom, We used to travel all over the country doing handrails and netting , Stranrea , Peterhead, carlisle, gretna all the way down to london mate

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Ive found it on google maps Aom I could fcukin Swim that little puddle no problem :laugh:

haha 4 hour crossing on the first boat and a rip tide running between the two islands that david fekin wilkie couldn't handle, be warned.:laugh:

haha, not got it yet but will answer as soon as I do.

I would recommend the Bunnahabain.:love:

Just sent the guy running the job a text, hopefully he will be in touch.

haha, one word of warning, one of the boy's was telling me there was a program where a stobart truck was over doing the rounds of the distilleries and he thought everyone loved him and his firm as all the locals kept waving at him but the truth is the natives are very friendly and you can always spot a local as they wave at everyone and it's considered very very rude not to reciprocate. I think they still hang people over there.:noworry:

Thats no problem to me Aom , The Girlfriend has never understood why or how I say hello and talk to people Ive never met, Even when abroad I do It especially while or after drinking, Now if you met me you would laugh at this because everywhere I go People who have known me all my life end being interpretters for the locals, I talk Too Fast, Have slightly short tongue, pretty broad northern Accent , Laugh too much while talking start sentences late and finish them too early and once I get Going I dont Shut up and once drunk I also slurr my words But like a true champion continue on.

aom if he has the gear i have the net safe tickets and advanced scaff sure we cld come to sum agreement buddy i,m working at the mo but companys crap i go on the sick and do this on the side for rite cash

haha, you're a cent.:D

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

aom if he has the gear i have the net safe tickets and advanced scaff sure we cld come to sum agreement buddy i,m working at the mo but companys crap i go on the sick and do this on the side for rite cash

He hasn't got the gear, to be honest he is the type who would do it himself if he thought he could get away with it but the job must require full spec. We did a couple of labour only visits to the site and I think it's wind farm related so Scottish Power will be all over it hence the need for a certified safe system, sorry.

no probs bud worth a try cause were i,m workin the now is pure shi t but the irons r in the fire fingers crossed sum it i,l pop shortly lol

Top Bottom