EDF clearance

neil81

Reaction score
how do i go about getting security clearance for edf will a criminal record for violence get you knocked back or is it just to check your not a shoe bomber thanks

You can only a disclosure Scotland done and when you are taken on edf do there separate check. just be honest on the form not sure if it will affect you or not

was talking to 1 of the lads yesterday about clearence and he can not get it for love nor money work on sellafeild when 18 and the lads nicked a ladder so he thinks its coz of that.ad asked him about his criminal activites and just said a few bit here and there and i fort that might be it to which he reply nar fuking sutch and sutch been in for armed robbery and his there lol really dont know why they do them if there letting an armed robber on the feking site lol

you now need ctc checks now to get in and im sure you got to have a sponser to get the forms filled

how do i go about getting security clearance for edf will a criminal record for violence get you knocked back or is it just to check your not a shoe bomber thanks

give animal or poachers a pm!! but a criminal record shouldnt make a difference like you say inless your a shoe bomber

The stupid thing is, when you get a criminal record check done on someone, it tells you that you have to have a policy in place which says you can't discriminate against someone because of their record.

"4. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to following practices, and to providing a service which is free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. We ensure that no applicant or member of staff is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of offending background."

The stupid thing is, when you get a criminal record check done on someone, it tells you that you have to have a policy in place which says you can't discriminate against someone because of their record.

"4. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to following practices, and to providing a service which is free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. We ensure that no applicant or member of staff is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of offending background."

whats the point in them then unless you have already been offerd the job and now doubt subject to the cbr being ok which in its self is discrimination if the job offer if turned down after a cbr check sound pointless to me

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

how long is it when a conviction is spent on your criminal record or will it allways be there?

The only way that you wil get knocked back from getting security cleared for Nuclear sites is if you fail to disclose any previous convictions regardless of what the actual crime was for. If you have previously did time for murder and disclosed it you would get a pass, if you nicked a chocolate bar and never disclosed it no pass SIMPLES!

Top Bottom