ebay scam

guy odonnell

Reaction score
has anyone heard of or had any experience of gear being sold on ebay at about a third of the going rate you transfer a deposit then get a cock and bull story from the blokes so called partner saying he was killed in a car crash and hence you dont see your money again

if you paid though pay pal you should get your money back just set up a dispute with the seller
but i had no trouble getting gear off there its always come though alright

Like Nobba says, you should receive a decent amount of protection if you have paid via PayPal.

However, if it sound to good to be true, it probably is.

You should never pay for anything up front , take your lorry look at the gear , if your happy pay the man and take your kit , i have bought plenty from ebay and always pay after you inspect it.

It sounds like a fella that came on here selling gear and took a deposit , then something happened to his partner , i cant remember the full story maybe someone else remembers ?

The web has brought a lot of good but also a lot of chancing basterds,if its not the nigerian dead oil minister scam its the e-bay rip offs.
any business i conduct i like to know the guy were he stays etc incase i need to give him a chap

always use paypal and never buy anything off anyone with zero feedback. For those with zero feedback, get as much contact details as possible. Paypal will always cover you anyway.

hi pleased to say i have recieved my deposit back still dont believe the story though i think either they couldnt honour the gear so made this story up or possibly it was genuine maybe i jumped to the wrong conclusion a bit quick but it did look dodgy but a close shave and a lesson learned

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

allegadly enfield north london

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

to phillio have you heard a similar story? maybe it was a scam then i did get a bit heavy and since getting the money back keep getting texts from the supposedly grieving widow telling me how she is going to the police is it suprising to her that i got the hump i lost a job over this and client and at the time thought i had lost £500

always use paypal and never buy anything off anyone with zero feedback. For those with zero feedback, get as much contact details as possible. Paypal will always cover you anyway.

also be weary of any feed back alot of people who trade on ebay sell lodza worth less items and make sure there posted and as described things like football stcikers etc to get the feed back right up so beware of that too also when using eba take a look at ebay mappa moneysupermarket . com they have the mappa greta place to find some bargins as it narrows it down to collection only ;)

i didnt get the number mate as he had a phone number so i dealt with him direct can u all ask about wether a scaffold firm boss called ian out of enfield has been killed in a car crash last weekend just to see if the story stacks up

Take it you didnt catch the firms name !

Enfield !! Bandit country ha ha

it might be bandit country but they **** themselves got my money back!! like most londoners all talk ha ha ha

Guy, At a guess was this the seller? - Item number: 130740176215

You know what they say, If it's too good to be true.....!

sorry mate i didnt get item number as just went off ebay and dealt with him wish i had saved the item number why have you had a similar experience?

Throw that number into the search bar on ebay and see if the advert is the same?

Top Bottom