Drop in inserts & ties

S

southernpoofter

Sorry to start yet another treadon this subject but i didnt really want the possible answers getting lost in an old thread

whilst looking at a tecspec sheet for a rubber reusable insert for brickwork from leachs came accross this sentance that confused me a little and then made me ask the forum -so here goes

"The NTA anchor is desighned for use in accordancewith BS5973(1) AND THE NASC TG20:06 Technical Guidance on the use of BS EN12811/1

is this a really old guidance as i never used TG20:06 ?, would it not have been updated by the introduction of 20:10 which i thought was instead of
BS5973- and therefore NASCs guidance TG4:11 to which i cannot find this type of anchor- although a phrase"when choosing anchors preferance should be given where possible,to anchors which have been awarded an ETA(8) as these will have been exhausively tested blah blah blah"
so the other question is whats an ETA(8)
many thx for you replys

Sorry to start yet another treadon this subject but i didnt really want the possible answers getting lost in an old thread

whilst looking at a tecspec sheet for a rubber reusable insert for brickwork from leachs came accross this sentance that confused me a little and then made me ask the forum -so here goes

"The NTA anchor is desighned for use in accordancewith BS5973(1) AND THE NASC TG20:06 Technical Guidance on the use of BS EN12811/1

is this a really old guidance as i never used TG20:06 ?, would it not have been updated by the introduction of 20:10 which i thought was instead of
BS5973- and therefore NASCs guidance TG4:11 to which i cannot find this type of anchor- although a phrase"when choosing anchors preferance should be given where possible,to anchors which have been awarded an ETA(8) as these will have been exhausively tested blah blah blah"
so the other question is whats an ETA(8)
many thx for you replys

I think it's just a typo mate.

As far as I am aware, I think that there has been 3 issues of TG20. - 00/05/08.

I could well be wrong, but I think the reference 'use in accordance with BS5973(1) AND THE NASC TG20:06 Technical Guidance on the use of BS EN12811/1' means that they are referring to TG20:05.

Best to check with the manufacturer or supplier.

thx phil....we're using 20:08 but believe theres another due out 20:13

Last edited:
thx phil....we're using 20:10 but beleave theres another due out 20:13

Yes mate, 08 superseded 05 and 5973 anyway, so previous guidance would be irrelevant - although the majority of it is the same.

I believe there is an update planned for release next year, yeah.

Just noticed you said your were using 20:10. You sure you're not confusing TG20:08 with SG4:10?

lololo me bein a knob lolo ur rightafter i checked tis 20:08 lol

Top Bottom