drop in hilti distances from edge

timthumb

Reaction score
problem .......

hilti drop in anchors (hk m16) to perform best need to be min 230 mm from an edge

our slab is less than 460 so can not be 230 away from an edge ....

how have this been overcome ?

ta

Use nylon not sure of exact distances but much reduced.

Iv used the bullets into slabs 300mm deep, I think that general purpose independent needs to be pull tested to about 6kn/m2 when ties are spaced at 16m2 (please correct me if I'm wrong)
When using these bullets in the above slabs iv easily achieved 10-12kn/m2 during pull tests, my advice would be to increase the frequency that you pull test? I think that the usual test frequency is about 5% of all ties, but as we used to have our own tester I used to test 50-75% of all the ties on small jobs of less than 20 ties or maybe 20-30% of ties upto 100.
I used to hump round the drill, all 110kv cables, a bag full of bullets, ring bolts, threaded bar, lump hammer and the tie tester,
I don't know if this is enough to satisfy the HSE so good luck, hopefully someone will be able to give you some better advice.

I am a big fan of these bullet ties especially when used with threaded bar and on jobs that need rendering as the threaded bar is only 10mm thick the render doesnt have big patches in it as you strip the ties out and the patching in is barley visable once the scaffold is down.

These ties we were talking about the other night on the other thread. The one's that use the hook fitting with the nylon insert. God, I'm rubbish at explaining things but hopefully you know the one's I'm on about. Scaffy gave me a load of data sheets on them and they could be used much closer to an edge than the bullets.

excalibur bolts all the way !!!!!!

we need to use the rods as well from the slab then the brickwork gets built around the extension rod

The nylon rings come up to about 500mm long for just such an occasion but to be honest if scaffy says it's excalibur bolts then that is what it is.

Top Bottom