Driver CPC

Spunkywads26

Reaction score
We have had the leaflets and read up some stuff about the Driver CPCand the line which seems to apply to scaffolders is:

'Vehicles used for carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, providing that driving the vehicle is not the drivers’ principle activity'

They then put the nice:

'Ultimately, it is up to the driver and their employer to decide if they are covered by these exemptions, and if necessary, justify it to the competent authority. Therefore the JAUPT would strongly advise that if a driver believes they are exempt from the Driver CPC that they should seek independent legal advice.'

A mate of mine who does Class 2 driving as a second job has just started doing his and asked the question for me. The bloke he asked reckons that they are doing it for scaffold firms and that he advises me to do it also. Now in the world of money making we are in at the moment with all aspects of a scaffs life I am a bit weiry of his advice.

What stances are being taken by other firms on this forum? I would really like some feed back on this. Think we got until Sept 2014 before it becomes a problem anyway.

Here's one guy who wont be doing additional cpc training. Like you I'm fed up to the back teeth with training requirements at the moment and anybody who needs legal advice to work out if a scaffs principle activity is driving should be shot. It's the same old scenario, muddy the waters enough and the lemmings will jump over the cliff.

I think I should add, that judging from all the mirrors I have to replace each year scaff's can't drive anyway.:D

I think I should add, that judging from all the mirrors I have to replace each year scaff's can't drive anyway.:D

Thing is though is it your mirrors on the wagon or the row of parked cars mirrors as your blokes get fu@*ed off with the traffic and just go for it rambo style.

Thing is though is it your mirrors on the wagon or the row of parked cars mirrors as your blokes get fu@*ed off with the traffic and just go for it rambo style.

I think it's a bit of both, and to be totally honest not adverse to a bit of rambo stuff myself when some **** has parked in front of the yard.(he never did it again:cool:)

hello spunkey mate do you know what the cost for this are

Dunno mate to be honest but it is something that I will be looking into, but I just get that raw feeling that it is just another way to fiddle us out of more money to create silly jobs for people. I think that someone, somewhere has over ordered the high viz jackets and they need to get some random jobs made up for people to wear them.

that could be soo true! i feel some more health and safety courses comin on to go with the over ordered jackets!!!!

well im one of those people that love to hate vosa, they are the biggest bunch of asses going thinking they so important yet do feck all to help anyone out, i like some people above will be waiting till someone makes me do the cpc, its hard enough getting a decent driver nowadays never mind paying for training that will teach him nothing nothing that they dont already know , its bit like the lgv training total rip off , its cheaper getting class 1 an class 2 training which are much bigger an harder to drive yet 7.5 ton training is double price.

i dislike vosa with a passion they used to come visit me every 8 to 12 month until last time they called round caught me in both bad mood an in a hurry to get somewhere we exchanged words told him to f off an left him outside a locked office, returned to office bout 30 min later to pick something up an he was still there so again told him to f off got what i wanted an left , i then got letter asking for meeting an refused to go on the grounds that all items they wanted to check up on in meeting had already been checked on 3 times over in past 2 yrs , stating that i had much more important things to do.

touch wood never seen them since

Nice one superscaff, there isn't many went toe to toe with them and survived.

lol best thing we have had is our yard dog bit the tax man. He just vanished quicktime. My old man was trying to chase the bloke to pay for his trousers but he just got in his car and done one.

aom it will be when we buy a new wagon or renew our operator license that they will get their revenge and make us visit traffic hq in leeds haha

or maybe 2 wks time they might jump me from behind while a wagon is in for MOT lol

Top Bottom