Drawing for a saddle over a Terrace

philgbwfc

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if anyone can help I need a drawing for a saddle over a chimney in the middle of a terrace. Would be good if anyone had one and could email it me phil@ibarrickscaffolding.co.uk

Surprises me that one of the northwests premier scaffolding companies are on the cadge for a simple dwgs however If you contact one of the guys in the desighners forum & give then your requirements ...then i'm sure for a fee circa £550 they'll produce what u need

Last edited:
Yeah thanks I have a designer just seeing if anyone had anything to save cost

Yeah complete wrap round and there its light weight bearing as its for pointing the chimney

Fcuk the drawing... Just saddle the fecker. Bing bang bosh....do a drawing on the back of a fag packet, (if need be)
But, I suppose nowadays its a drawing for this, that and everything.

is this a joke? why do you need a drawing for a wrap round a chimney stack? these are just everyday jobs in street work, arent they?

you did these on your part one,how can you not remember it.
have we turned into scaffs that sit in a class room doing theory,then when we get a job to do,have to get a drawing to show us how to do it.
no disrespect mate,but if you cant do a saddle,ide get out of scaffolding.its not for you.

In all fairness to the guy his website states they do local authority work- & we all know how anal they can be anything ouuta the norm would need a drwg...in saying that though a geeric wouldnt do as the weight limitations of the roof need to be accounted for in the calcs

It's not cause I need a drawing it's cost Forrest require one!

Lol looks like ur avin trouble wiv the keypad...as stated b4 a generic wouldnt b any use without the calcs and they should be site specific

Do it yourself. It doesn't have to be super fancy; just clear enough to show what is going to happen.

A "generic" drawing will only help you out if all conditions for your job and the job that was originally drawn match.

The sooner the new revision comes out allowing us to do simple jobs like this the better.

will be fun watching the designers go up on the roof to measure the angle that needs to be found,so there drawing fits the roof.a drawing will only give you some idea of how it will be,a scaffolder earns the experience to be able to see if the roof will hold the weight by standing on it,if it sags put longer board under it,all common sence,taken away from us.what have we become piggin dur brains.

Fuk it,thro a leaner tower up (Leaner tower,thats a new concept) and give the brikee a hook ladder.

Existing roof dimensions are easier to get when measured internally and would have been designed for 0.75kN/m^2 * 1.6 = 1.2kN/m^2 (not including self weight and environmental loads). The chap doing the pointing is more likely to break tiles than the scaffold.

Last edited:
Drwgs drwgs drwgs....how did we ever manage b4 tg & sg guidance - i dred to think of all those jobs over the previous 25yrs that were erected from my head, i surpose experiance now has to give way to paperwork

Last edited:
Drwgs drwgs drwgs....how did we ever manage b4 tg & sg guidance - i dred to think of all those jobs over the previous 25yrs that were erected from my head, i surpose experiance now has to give way to paperwork

The way of the world unfortunately SP.

If only they'd thought a little harder on the TG's instead of just trying to get it out there, most of these time wasting exercises could have been avoided.

Top Bottom