Douglas platform off blackpool

Yeehaa

Reaction score
Has anyone working on this platform? There's 6 off us starting for cape on Friday,, I've heard the money is gash and the place is a **** hole! Seriously thinking about nocking it back

i was meant to go last year but it never transpired
does it matter about the surroundings a rigs a rigs we dont go to places to be comfortable BUT THEN AGAIN WE DO GO TO MAKE CASH
i have found that when the moneys not great you are generally not pushed but not always the case go with yer gut instinct all the best;)

Go for it M8, you can always tell them to pock...

Brings to mind a trip I done, wasni on the Platform longenough for a sh!t :eek:

Has anyone working on this platform? There's 6 off us starting for cape on Friday,, I've heard the money is gash and the place is a **** hole! Seriously thinking about nocking it back

Didn't you ask them what the coin was?
I have been on a few drilling rigs that were not exactly 5 star but its a place of work not a luxury spa.
Go for it if you knock them back you might not get the offer again.

Worked out of Blackpool for Cape some years ago, all the platforms out there then were spot on, good food and decent beds, dont know what its like now but if you dont give it a try you will never know

I heard its only 2100 a trip which is crap compared to most! Your also carrying a oxygen bottle around the rig with you which will be a **** on! We were meant to be going off aberdeen on a rig which is paying at least 2800 without overtime! But somehow we've been stung down there! I'm going to go for it, do the 2 weeks and if its ***** ring stork or salamis

My mates on there he can't wait to get off the money's ****

Haha so I've heard il give it 2 weeks then **** off

Jobs been cancelled off out of aberdeen ����

jist get yer sel oot there, its like a fortnights remand with pay, you could do that sitting on the pot ;)

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Im sure that I was on the Douglas with Duffy and McGovan in a former life :unsure:

dont think so old boy
it all went out in 1995 i worked on an accomodation jack-up for the field development rigblast done the hook-up and salamis had the maintenance up till a couple of years.;)

Top Bottom