double to double right way on braces

grafter

Reaction score
i know some people put double so bolt is on top of ledger on top and bottom double so bolt is underneath on bottom but seen some scaffs put the oppersite way round on top and bottom if you know what i mean does it make any diffrence

Over at bottom under at top
Like DH's if I'm understanding you right
If not ignore !!! lol

you mean gate facing gate so if bottom doubble gate sits on top of the bottom ledger and top dubble gate takes weight of top ledger thats the way i would do it any way

Pressure always against the gate

As Paddy said is doesn't matter but if you have any sense of pride in your work always gate to gate, if not lash them on any you you fekin like but you will never work with Aom.:cool:(big deal eh:D)

Aye your right Paddy, hate twirlin even for a toe board now.:amuse:

I have to be honest Paddy and admit to being all mouth and trousers and tell you I didn't even order it. This week has been pretty manic with all sorts of prices and paper work flying about and I'm a bit lost trying to work out what I've done and what have I still to do, the socket was way down my list of priorities. Starting to dismantle about 120 ton of tube that's been up for about 8 months or so next week, you can bet your bottom dollar I will wish I took the time more than once when I start that.:(

I do it differently.
I 'hang' the top Double, if you know what i mean and then reverse it on the bottom Double.

This way, i find it easier to do up the Brace, as its already got all the pressure on the gate and you can take the Brace out under a fully Boarded Lift - for whatever reason and you wont need a flat Spanner to do so, as the Double is in theory upside down and your Scaffold Spanner should fit.

I dont think it make any difference what way a Brace goes, but this is how i like to do it.

Top Bottom