Double Arm Transoms

Mr b , they are readylock transoms bones aberdeens surely u heard of them

They are designed so you don't need to use braces, as said brace the base lift for strengh and stability, then mark off your lift, throw them in then your ledgers after.
There quick but can be a pain in the arse especially if your using the adjustable vanteal transoms which never seem to fit properly, you end up smashing them to pieces to get in and out.
I have found tho that a good combination is the dog bone/ double end transoms work well with 5'tube and clips for transoms, if you have a long straight run your laughing.
Personally tho, I am a firm believer in tube and fitting only and normal bracing.
But it really does depend on the job, fully boarded sizeable scaffolds with no braces makes a massive difference to a working platform!

had this argument loads of times , double arms were designed to create a braceless scaffold . the problem came about when spineless designers became more common . and to cover there homosexual buttocks they started adding bracing to there crap rolf harris type drawings . i cant see the point in using double arms if you brace the scaffold as your going against the whole point of them .

spot on Allan,
if you want to brace use T& F
If you dont use readylock,
we put 16 lifts up progressive not a brace in sight,( tg20 tie pattern)we needed to go to 22 then the bottom 6 were braced when everyone was finished and lifts had no access, everbody happy

Top Bottom