Doubble toe board

marra watson

Reaction score
How do they get away with using doubble toe baord with single hand rail? Few firms round here do it that way ........ruff as fek i might add( 6ft return only 1 leg on end on the inside ledger sailing out and just a stop end tranny ) minimum hight for hand rail is 950 so toe board 225 toe board 225 = 450 plus 470 (max distance betwene bottom and top = 920 30mm to low is it allowed still ?

Tg 20 states all Working lifts must have two handrails .
Every non boarded lift should be fitted with a single handrail
I can't see any thing about a single handrail and two toe boards allowed.
Must be a Chorley thing!

Last edited:
Dnt wanna be pedantic marra but if u allow
2 bdrs @225mm + a 470mm gap to underside of rail then 50mm for the rail that would make ur 970..... theres a 1 man band down here called absolute he adopts that method & i have to agree it looks shiiit, always wondered if short on stock and its a way of saving gear.

Dnt wanna be pedantic marra but if u allow
2 bdrs @225mm + a 470mm gap to underside of rail then 50mm for the rail that would make ur 970..... theres a 1 man band down here called absolute he adopts that method & i have to agree it looks shiiit, always wondered if short on stock and its a way of saving gear.

An outfit called Absolute ,he is inviting ridicule with a name like that.

U know that- lolo but he always seems to tick over to make it worse he only runs on a part1 as he thinks its all bollllocks & had never heard of either tg or sg lolo.i had one of his guys come over to us cos he was so worried about it all

Seen stuff like that, crap.

Saying that we have quad toe boards on our loading bays now.....

We double toe board our loading bays or roofers top lift , but we still use a double handrail , how much kit can you actually save by not putting the extra handrail in ?

To be honest I'd rather put the extra rail in instead of messing about with another toeboard. Time you mess about with dead men etc.

I would say this Absolute bloke is inviting a tug from the HSE

Seen stuff like that, crap.

Saying that we have quad toe boards on our loading bays now.....

Who you work for flinty , was given a photo of this by one of our clients contracts managers this week , saying he now wants this on all there sites
Works out I now need nearly 200 6ft boards just for the loading bays , ********

Tg 20 states all Working lifts must have two handrails .
Every non boarded lift should be fitted with a single handrail
I can't see any thing about a single handrail and two toe boards allowed.
Must be a Chorley thing!

TG20:08 actually states in section 11.6 that "Working platforms require guardrails wherever there is a risk of falling. Such platforms shall have a principal guardrail and end guardrails fixed inside the standards at a height of at least 950mm measured from the top level of the decking to the top surface of the guardrail"

It goes on to say " Intermediate side protection shall be fixed so that there will not be an unprotected vertical gap exceeding 470mm. This will normally be achieved by fitting an intermediate guardrail on the inside of the standards, Suitably added brickguards or retaining boards are an acceptable alternative for a second or intermediate guardrail."

TG20:08 actually states in section 11.6 that "Working platforms require guardrails wherever there is a risk of falling. Such platforms shall have a principal guardrail and end guardrails fixed inside the standards at a height of at least 950mm measured from the top level of the decking to the top surface of the guardrail"

It goes on to say " Intermediate side protection shall be fixed so that there will not be an unprotected vertical gap exceeding 470mm. This will normally be achieved by fitting an intermediate guardrail on the inside of the standards, Suitably added brickguards or retaining boards are an acceptable alternative for a second or intermediate guardrail."

Well there you go ! You learn some thing every day,so boards are acceptable then ,but I won't be doing it any time soon.
When I looked I had a small booklet on tg20 with me not the full regs

Well there you go ! You learn some thing every day,so boards are acceptable then ,but I won't be doing it any time soon.
When I looked I had a small booklet on tg20 with me not the full regs

Don't worry mate. Some people out here seem to think we should know it off by heart!!
I can email you the full guidance if you like but it is due to be replaced any day now!!

Don't worry mate. Some people out here seem to think we should know it off by heart!!
I can email you the full guidance if you like but it is due to be replaced any day now!!

Thanks for that, but I will wait for TG20 13 it is due soon and can be downloaded as an application ,which will be handy

Ok fair enough. I have just received an invitation to the pre-launch party for the new TG20:13.
Flight and hotel included!

Ha ha that's sounds a lot better than getting an app for my tablet ,some people get all the luck.

Thanks for that, but I will wait for TG20 13 it is due soon and can be downloaded as an application ,which will be handy

R u already an nasc member or is the app a seperate purchase instead of The exhisting 2 volumes

R u already an nasc member or is the app a seperate purchase instead of The exhisting 2 volumes

I don't know it is some thing I read quickly ,I will try to find put more ,but an app for your phone or tablet sounds handy

Wot i ment Al is ita seperate thing to the 2x volumes or just a electronic version

Top Bottom