Dont do it!!!!!!!!

spannerman

Reaction score
If you are thinking of trying to better yourself and become a manager think again.
I can tell you its *****-- You get it from all angles, M.D's (ours is a w----r)
Site agents, customers, scaffs and then your freckin missus when you get home.
Today the M.D payed two of our lads £60.00 per day last week, yes they are on target but due to the location/travel half the day was taken up by travelling and loading a 13 ton lorry.
And just to top it all off he's instructed me not to buy ant more gloves, THEY
CAN BUY THERE OWN, wait till I tell them tomorrow!!!!
I know gloves are part of PPE but is it an actual law for him to supply??

He also laid into me big time because one of the lads didnt turn up!!!! Like its my freckin fault, just a thought does any one know the outcome of the scaffolder that drove the lorry into the council offices? Given me a brill idea, he drives a BMW 5 series thingy, you know the four wheel drive thing

Any one looking for a supervisor/estimator, I can stick that.
Promised myself I'll be out of there by the end of the month

Code:
If you are thinking of trying to better yourself and become a manager think again.
I can tell you its *****-- You get it from all angles, M.D's (ours is a w----r)
Site agents, customers, scaffs and then your freckin missus when you get home.
Today the M.D payed two of our lads £60.00 per day last week, yes they are on target but due to the location/travel half the day was taken up by travelling and loading a 13 ton lorry.
And just to top it all off he's instructed me not to buy ant more gloves, THEY
CAN BUY THERE OWN, wait till I tell them tomorrow!!!!
I know gloves are part of PPE but is it an actual law for him to supply??

He also laid into me big time because one of the lads didnt turn up!!!! Like its my freckin fault, just a thought does any one know the outcome of the scaffolder that drove the lorry into the council offices? Given me a brill idea, he drives a BMW 5 series thingy, you know the four wheel drive thing

Any one looking for a supervisor/estimator, I can stick that.
Promised myself I'll be out of there by the end of the month

Jack and go back the tools then , don't moan and rollover your Md will find another willing mug !!
Best of luck ....

Jack and go back the tools then , don't moan and rollover your Md will find another willing mug !!
Best of luck ....

Aint touched a spanner for over 10 years, so on that basis got to get back to some kind of fitness first, but the option is looking good.

Im sure,if your not selfemployed,by law the boss has to supply all ppe apropriate for the job

All lads on the books and yes I'm with you thought it was law but just wanted it clarified, cheers.

Best of luck ....

Aint touched a spanner for over 10 years, so on that basis got to get back to some kind of fitness first, but the option is looking good.

Point taken , you post " don't do it" insinuated as if you've just started once again ... The very best of luck ( with the lads not the gaffer)

order the gloves mate supply the men then see his reaction if he goes off on one again then i suggest you crack the bully,best of luck spanner.

Md sounds like a proper tight ass cun. T

Supply the gloves dude , tell him to shove his job up his poopa

Looking forward to the time I can go, cos I am going to order
1,000 pairs of gloves
200 Hi Vis
Hilti Rings and fixings
Ladders
Beams
Stairtreads
Flashing lights
And any thing else he doesnt need at the time.

Md sounds like a proper tight ass cun. T

Supply the gloves dude , tell him to shove his job up his poopa

Reminds me of when he looked at petty cash receipts and told us we can only have 4 pints of milk a week (we buy 6) and not to have any on cereals for our brekky.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

order that and i think hel shoot you lol.

I wont be there:D
And He will be at the other depot:laugh:

Looking forward to the time I can go, cos I am going to order
1,000 pairs of gloves
200 Hi Vis
Hilti Rings and fixings
Ladders
Beams
Stairtreads
Flashing lights
And any thing else he doesnt need at the time.
A lorry load of ready mix concrete tipped in his driveway,

You lot are so going to get me in trouble,:idea:
Some brill ideas though.

Sounds like he deserves it mate , you should name and shame

The MD sounds like a right bellend! Don't want to spend on gloves? How much will that cost him when the claims come in. Just order a couple of hundred haki stairtower toeboards, ffffoooookkkk me can't believe how expensive they are.

Sounds like he deserves it mate , you should name and shame

Dont think I need to mate, he advertised last week for scaffs for his other depot, lads in the area know him and not one reply!!!!
I started this depot for him 7 years ago and had a list of good lads waiting to get on,(and making him a profit) then in his wisdom because his other depot was on target/price and he got greedy he changed it at this one, hey presto, all the good lads moved on, and the list has disappeared,
How's that saying go; Peanuts + Monkeys
Gotta get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ps will name and shame when I'm sorted.)

Softly Softly catch a monkey

Do not put in any silly orders, just your normal one

Inform Mr owner that you are the manager of the company and will run it in a lawful and legal way, and any instructions of his that are not lawful will require a written statement signed by him.

When he comes off the ceiling you will have control,or he will have sacked you, if he does you have a claim for wrongful dismissal at a Tribunal and will be eligible for compensation

Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future

If your not in the union spannerman, time to join even just for representation if it all go's pear shaped. Unite have always come up trumps for me in them situations, not much cop for out else tho!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom