do u need a permit to work

scaff29

Reaction score
orite lads got a guy wanting job built in edinburgh its busy part of town the job is up about 5 stairs on to the quaterlanding of shops and access to couple of stairs was wondering if u would still need a street permit so technically its not on the street

Mmm, probably not but for the sake of a form I would get in touch all the same, it tends to vary from place to place.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Edinburgh are one of the strictest out there and I think they have signed up to the new NASC guidance for permits. Get in touch with them to check.

i have permit app but done site visit today to measure up and check for any obstructions any bus stops tht mayb affected traffic lights and wot not and was thinking as only customers to the shops would walk under the structure they can,t actually walk along past every standard so obviously protection mat above all door entrances

I have seen them done near here with nothing on them but I don't think you will get away with anything over there, from what I am told all singing all dancing or nothing is that right?

cheers aom ur sum guy i,l fone the council and see if they can shed any light on the issue thanks for ur time bud

No problem, hope they tell you you won't need one. To be honest we don't deal with permits as it's just so much hassle. Not very professional I know but it can some times get complicated so we always back heal it to the main contractor.

ur rite mate they want street plan scale rule 1..50 if we intend on blocking bus stops risk assessments method statements if it a traffic sensitive road but the carrot for this job is the advertising potential thousands of people are going to see this job i intend on building really nice job

Nice one, good on ya. Not sure I could handle the scale plans and all that and the thing my council they couldn't spell tg20 let alone EN12811, they still quote the old BS but it does make it a bit easier for the contractor and therefore me. I have tried to educate them but the guy is xxx which tells you all you need to know.

(I might edit that bit later.:embarrest:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom