Diy scaffolding

1969scaff

Reaction score
Why bother employing proper scaffolders when you can get the gear off E-BAY and do it yourself!!!

Attachments

• scaffold.JPG
    scaffold.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 142
Been sayin that for ages scaffy,tho they could probly still get nicked under wahr.

Why bother employing proper scaffolders when you can get the gear off E-BAY and do it yourself!!!

whent to 1 job and this is an art compared to it he had a bit of a 5ft tower had taken 13ft board of the stck and put them on the 5foot tower wa sina over a out building and last 2 boards cam apast out building and he sailed 13ft boards out and picked tyhem up by standing a 10ft up right on 2 bricks when asked what this sh1t was his reply was put up by a painter for a painter :laugh:

whent to 1 job and this is an art compared to it he had a bit of a 5ft tower had taken 13ft board of the stck and put them on the 5foot tower wa sina over a out building and last 2 boards cam apast out building and he sailed 13ft boards out and picked tyhem up by standing a 10ft up right on 2 bricks when asked what this sh1t was his reply was put up by a painter for a painter :laugh:

Its about time we informed the h&s about these cowboys.

That's one way of looking at it although I think my house is pretty good but still resist the temptation of lifting the phone although they do annoy me. One job in particular this guy has now done twice over a power cable with no shrouding. He has got away with it twice but who knows when he won't be so lucky. There is another close by where the builders have actually thought they have done quite a nice job, no ties fully boarded job, single hand rail and no hand rails on the lower lift on a demolish job but the crème de la crème is their raker which is 3 cup lock standards joined and set against the job, they did pick it up with a brace so no real worries there. I really have enough worries without lifting the bat phone every 2 minutes though.

Iv Seen More Deathtraps In The Past Four Years Than The Previous Thirty, Why Because The Companies Are Not Prepared To Pay For A Scaffolder So They Either Hire The Gear And Do It Themselves Or They Buy The Gear And Do It Themselves Either Way The End Result Is A Deathtrap,Why Will The HSE Not Take Any Action Against These Firms But If I Dont Have A Harness On Six Inches Off The Deck Im Going To Jail ?

HSE have been through some pretty savage cuts recently and just couldn't respond to every bag of knitting that is appearing all over the place. Who know's what serious infractions could be missed?

I know what we should do in a perfect world but...............

HSE have been through some pretty savage cuts recently and just couldn't respond to every bag of knitting that is appearing all over the place. Who know's what serious infractions could be missed?

I know what we should do in a perfect world but...............

The HSE expect us to do our job to the book,why the hell cant they do theres.

Like Everything Untill Some Poor Sod Dies, Then The Finger Pointing Will Begin.

Top Bottom