DfT - Continuing Survey of Road Goods Transport

Spunkywads26

Reaction score
Has anybody had one of these come through?

Obviously I have had one land in the post today and they want me to fill in a survey sheet for one of my wagons detailing what it does in the given week and how much fuel it uses etc.....

Like I aint got enough to do with earning a living yet alone giving some to55er in an office an excuse to earn theirs :mad:

I get one every year, hate the things. I am sure they are hand picked to be honest.

You will need to fill it out, they hound you to death till you do and think they can hammer you if you refuse.

Yep,had this bollox as well,all the answers are at a click of the mouse if the wagons are trackered:cool:

Have you went down that route BF? A bit expensive for the smaller operators is it not?

Have you went down that route BF? A bit expensive for the smaller operators is it not?

It's one of the best tools going for gaffers,about 80p a day per wagon,you can see at the touch of a button where all the squads are at any given time,i have five trucks at the minute so it helps me no end alistair:cool:

The local builder who has around 200 or more vehicles on the road gave me a wee demonstration of how it all works, pretty damn impressive if you ask me. The boys are taking a bit of getting used to as even at 1mph over the limit and an e-mail is generated and they must take some sort of action against the driver. They reckon they can even tell if the engine is idling and the boys are listening to the radio, which is a bit much but when you have so many vehicles it must cost a fortune. Not all of theirs is tracked but quite a few.

Local builder with 200 vehicles :eek:, my local builders have an old beat up transit with an out of date tax disc :laugh:

haha, I suppose they are a pretty big fish in a small pond.

surely there must be a way for the boys to disarm it.

If there is they have not found it. They may take turns each of going home early but that's about it.

They cant fiddle them,you know every move they make,pretty well eliminates gear theft and if a wagon gets nicked you can follow it on the computer;)

gaffers got them in our for the 3rd time i think he has it on his app and rumors have it he has hot spotted local shops and garages dont know if it true i think its just gaffer been tight fekers and quatering the boys for stopping at the shop was talking to the lad that fitted them and you cna unplug them but internal battry last a few days on this type herd you can get a thing you put in ya fag lighter jumbles signal a bit but again may only be rumors

Might be true marra but doubt it to be honest although nothing is completely tamper proof but the gaffer will know exactly when and who tampered with any unit so what's the point?

Best bet is play him at his own game and park the van where it's supposed to be but still do your own thing.:cool:

Might be true marra but doubt it to be honest although nothing is completely tamper proof but the gaffer will know exactly when and who tampered with any unit so what's the point?

Best bet is play him at his own game and park the van where it's supposed to be but still do your own thing.:cool:

crnt fart marra lol theres nothing rong wid a shop stop whats it take 5 mins tops but he quaters ya and who ever5 eles in in the wagon wid ya even if they were just sitting w8ing for ya, if the queen was to come and a hit man needed the best sinper spot to get here any were in our area my gaffer would know it must get 5 10 drive bys a day wid them lol

Nothing wrong with a shop stop marra but it cost a fair bit when you are talking a few men. I don't stop the boys as they would probably shoot me but the time wasted going and coming back at times is ridiculous although I have never mentioned it.

One thing that does annoy me, they all drive by the shop coming to work.:suspicious:

they always more than make up for any stop made though which is really all I care about.

Nothing wrong with a shop stop marra but it cost a fair bit when you are talking a few men. I don't stop the boys as they would probably shoot me but the time wasted going and coming back at times is ridiculous although I have never mentioned it.

One thing that does annoy me, they all drive by the shop coming to work.:suspicious:

they always more than make up for any stop made though which is really all I care about.

am meaning on the way to a job stop jump out and back in altyhow therer was yan lad that done a 15mile round trip a few years ago for shop stop and then still had his half hour lol

Yeah and that's always what the gaffer see's and remembers. As usual there is a bit of a game to be played.

Most of the time I have absolutely no idea what Marra Watson is saying...no idea at all...sorry Marra...

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Well that's not completely true. After reading his last post 5 or 6 times I sort of got the gist of it...

Top Bottom