Days to Nights

SevenSixteen

Reaction score
What is the position on paye pay in this eg:

Working week is Monday to Friday as the norm and Sunday night to Thursday night for night shift.

Worked Monday and Tuesday on day shift, and was then asked to work nights for the rest of the week. So I would not be able to work Wednesday day as I have to work Wednesday night, and Thursdays night being the last shift, that would work out to four shifts instead of five.

Now I am certain in saying that I should be compensated for the loss of a days wage as it is not my fault I have lost a shift. Nor is it the fault of the firm as it was the client that requested the shift change. I should not also be expected to work any further shifts to make up the day, as that would be an overtime shift.

Where do I stand on this guys?

I would say your quite right, but being right is easy. The hard part is getting your money out of somebody, probably the gaffer as client pay's for what he wants but the gaffer has to square the men up. Good luck.

should be compensated for the loss of a days wage

IVE HAVE PAID LADS IN THE PAST FOR THIS 8HOURS AT FLAT DAY RATE

What is the position on paye pay in this eg:

Working week is Monday to Friday as the norm and Sunday night to Thursday night for night shift.

Worked Monday and Tuesday on day shift, and was then asked to work nights for the rest of the week. So I would not be able to work Wednesday day as I have to work Wednesday night, and Thursdays night being the last shift, that would work out to four shifts instead of five.

Now I am certain in saying that I should be compensated for the loss of a days wage as it is not my fault I have lost a shift. Nor is it the fault of the firm as it was the client that requested the shift change. I should not also be expected to work any further shifts to make up the day, as that would be an overtime shift.

Where do I stand on this guys?
They should be paying you 8 hrs sleep time for the wednesday daytime

just think of the hrs you slept on the nightshift bitch should cover it me hinks lol :D

Worked in Camel Lairds years ago

24 hour shift mon 7am to tues 7am, 12 hours paid sleep time,
24 hours tues 7pm to 7pm wed,12 hours paid sleep time to 7am thur

48 hours worked half paid at double time = 72 hours + 24 hours sleep time = 96 hours in total. I cannot remember the rate at the time but I cried when the job finished :sad:

slept until thursday dinner,travelled back to yard picked up wages then home until following Monday (3 day weekend :cool:)

Happy Days :D

Few and far between now Rigger, a lot has changed especially in the last couple of years.

Hi TP, I hope things are well. Since we last spoke I started 3 guy's to tide me over. Maybe catch you again.

if you would not nomerly work a night **** say it was a onces in a blue moon thing then you would have to be paid the shift you diud not work + extra for working them nights

Top Bottom