day work or price work

always been price for me , you can earn what you have to , and no one is looking at you all day long

Price Work. Do Your Job And Go Home, Whats Not To Like?

Price is all well and god when it's a decent one. Some boys are 'killing' themselves out there just to make a decent pay. I done it myself for years and my body is paying for it now. I hope I never see a bit of price work again in my life, prefer quality to quantity

my thoughts aswell bundy .ive found on some jobs the less you do the more they pay you.

Price is fine if there is plenty of work and the firm are fair...from my experience if ur not erecting or dismantling then they don't want to pay u anything...they expect adaptions and putting other peoples jobs right for nothing...if ur on price then you shud earn ur money and go home but last few firms I worked for want u on price and on site all day, but if u earn over a decent days money they say we can't pay u that much, but u still can't go home...a recent argument was that I'd earnt 130 by 1:30pm and was not allowed to leave site till 4 but any other work I did they cudnt pay any more money...so even if u sit in van till 4 u have still been on site for 2 and a half hours for nothing ???

quality over quantity any day... its tempting to cut corners on price...

if you work where i live avoid price . the likes of ma£!^£ and pre^!£$ use it as a way of getting more work out of you for less than you can get elsewhere on hourly rate . basically just use it as an excuse for ripping you off . pyeroy were a good firm for pricework but apparently they have put a limit on what you can make ? . you need to know what your getting before you do the job , beeing a grassing little c*cksucker usually helps as well

he never got back mate and he wont , i consider peter and gary to be friends but coming on here talking his company up is no good at all , they are everything we are are trying not to be with this forum , i stand by my post that they havent got 1 scaffolder on for them , they got mechanics painters and p!ssheads fooking all the jobs up . you can graft yourself stupid for 350 a week or be a wizzhead aor alcoholic with no intentions of doing anything for 300. take your pick

Price is fine if there is plenty of work and the firm are fair...from my experience if ur not erecting or dismantling then they don't want to pay u anything...they expect adaptions and putting other peoples jobs right for nothing...if ur on price then you shud earn ur money and go home but last few firms I worked for want u on price and on site all day, but if u earn over a decent days money they say we can't pay u that much, but u still can't go home...a recent argument was that I'd earnt 130 by 1:30pm and was not allowed to leave site till 4 but any other work I did they cudnt pay any more money...so even if u sit in van till 4 u have still been on site for 2 and a half hours for nothing ???

but on day work all scaffs just do fack all.
with price at least you know what youre earning.as for rectifing others work the gaffer should deduct it from culprits money.

but on day work all scaffs just do fack all.
with price at least you know what youre earning.as for rectifing others work the gaffer should deduct it from culprits money.

No they don't. Don't mind doing a good days work for a good days pay, the difference being, on daywork no corners will be cut because there's no profit to be made. On some jobs eg. powerstations etc. there are plenty of lazy bassas who grudge lifting their spanner never mind working, but at the same time there are others who prefer being out grafting.

couldnt paye why is that then!!!! couldnt they put it in the back of the book for when you had a quieter day gmanscaff you seem a good worker but think your being a bit exsloited with your current firm mate!!!

couldnt paye why is that then!!!! couldnt they put it in the back of the book for when you had a quieter day gmanscaff you seem a good worker but think your being a bit exsloited with your current firm mate!!!

That wud be the gentlemanly thing to do wudnt it, I fink it's all excuses mate...since the whole recession started I fink firms have just jumped on the bandwagon..ive had excuses of, can't pay more than x amount per day or it's impossible to earn that in a day (go look at the work that's been done then boss)...I reckon one of the biggest problems is wen u get a supervisor/foreman who doesn't like the fact ur earning more than him...even tho it's us whose doin the graft while they (in there own words) are off back to the office to **** about on facebook and a coffee..anyway a new opportunity has opened up for me so we shall c what this firm has to offer

That wud be the gentlemanly thing to do wudnt it, I fink it's all excuses mate...since the whole recession started I fink firms have just jumped on the bandwagon..ive had excuses of, can't pay more than x amount per day or it's impossible to earn that in a day (go look at the work that's been done then boss)...I reckon one of the biggest problems is wen u get a supervisor/foreman who doesn't like the fact ur earning more than him...even tho it's us whose doin the graft while they (in there own words) are off back to the office to **** about on facebook and a coffee..anyway a new opportunity has opened up for me so we shall c what this firm has to offer

I used to think that too mate until I done the job. It's a feckin thankless task if I'm honest. Phone was red hot every day and it can be difficult keeping yer fists in yer pocket when some contracts manager is talking to you like your a five yr old boy that's been caught stealing biscuits. Apart from that it's a doddle :cheesy:

On the money front, somebody is taking the piss with you mate. Can't offer you a price and then say they can't pay it. There should be no need to stay all day unless there is other work for which you'll be paid to do.

I used to think that too mate until I done the job. It's a feckin thankless task if I'm honest. Phone was red hot every day and it can be difficult keeping yer fists in yer pocket when some contracts manager is talking to you like your a five yr old boy that's been caught stealing biscuits. Apart from that it's a doddle :cheesy:

On the money front, somebody is taking the piss with you mate. Can't offer you a price and then say they can't pay it. There should be no need to stay all day unless there is other work for which you'll be paid to do.

My thoughts exactly !!!

Top Bottom