Dates on harness and lanyard

grafter

Reaction score
Anyone know when the dates on harness and lanyard have to be tagged for 1st time. just bought a new one its got 2012 on it can I get away with it on site

If you have proof of purchase that it's just been bought, just been opened you should be ok

Depending on the manufactures guidelines but a miller harness for example is good for 10 years from date of manufacture but must be inspected & certified every 6 months

Your supplier should have issued you with a Declination of Conformity Certificate…

It will have Cert No, Serial No ect ect…

My Cert has Date of Manufacture 2012…Date of purchase 22/07/14, so you can take it from the day you bought it...

Ok cheers how long do I have before it has to be tagged from cert date I bought if you get me

Sorry gary but ur wrong mucker...10 years from date of manufacture only now i'm afraid. You dont need a comformity cert - if these details arent visible on the harness then its for the bin i'm afraid

Last edited:
Hi Southern…thanks for the heads up…Iv got a chip in the harness and when I come to think of it the supplier mentioned 10 years…cos I laughed and said to him the feckin harness has a longer life span than me PMSL :eek:...

Ive just completed my FP4 PFPE harness inspectors course last week m8 .....it used to be 5 years from manufactures date & then 5 years from date of issue but this confused everyone so they rounded it up to 10yrs all in....they reckon that the kevlar & nylon after 10 years begin to deteriorate but tbh its a **** if you spend big bucks on a new harness still in the packet only to find you've only got a year or two on it b4 it cant be tagged :-(

Top Bottom